NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR opens but then nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
G'day All,
WARNING NEWBIE NUT RESIDES HERE!

I followed the "Getting Started" thread (thx johnson).
Applied all the OS updates.
Installed NPVR.
Copied hcw_mcmpeg2mux.ax and registered it.
Applied the recommended patches.

Started NPVR
Followed the instructions on the settings dialog.
Then nothing ... well I reckon that blue screen was sneering at my dumbness but I shouldn't tell you that or you'll think I'm nuts ... well OK I am ;-)

Searched forum but couldn't find the thread that tells me what I'm doing wrong and that search box was sneering at me too 8-|

Card: DVB-T Winfast DTV1000S BDA DVBT Tuner.
Present: Yes, Enabled: Yes, Channels:0.
(zipped logs attached)

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Thanks in anticipation,
build
Have you done a scan for channels?
Thanks for your reply Wayne,
How do I scan for channels? I can't find that item. Will search forum.

beers,
build
Right click Settings
Select "devices"
Highlight Device
Setup
Oh hell.
Now I get an error on launching NPVR.
"Server database not found at "hush\npvr\npvr.db3"

Where is the database? and how do I correct the path?

tia
build
Delete your config.xml located in the data folder and it will start from scratch. You configured your machine as a client but left it configured to connect to sub's server. If you are configuring a standalone machine, it will be a "server" and not a "client".
G'day Whurlston,
Thanks for reply.
I uninstalled and started from scratch. Then I installed "as administrator". This time when I clicked setup under devices it scanned for the channels. So at first look it is now working, I think my main problem was lack of knowledge of Win7 (my sons PC), oh and dumbness ;-).

Is there a thread on usage? How to find stuff, how to set recording times and channels, etc, etc?

Thanks in anticipation,
build
Go to
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/N-PVR/N-PVR
and the system plug in includes an EPG update
No, you don't need to go messing around with any plugins just yet.

Now that you have scanned your channels, the trick is to go into the channels screen in settings. Select a channel and hit "Details", choose an EPG souce; I think you can just pick DVB/ATSC EPG to get the broadcast EPG. Then click Update EPG and it should scan your channels for EPG data. Alternately you can setup one of the XMLTV grabbers, select the XMLTV option and point it to your XMLTV file; then you hit Bulk Map and match up the broadcast channels with the EPG channels.

Now you'll have a populated TV guide - select a program and hit Record or Watch.
Thanks,
EPG all good with XMLTV and slowly learning the usage. May I suggest someone write a usage guide for idiots like me?

Thanks and beers,
build
Pages: 1 2 3