NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with season recordings - doesn't select right time & day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've just started using NPVR - I was using GBPVR which was working ok. GBPVR is now no longer running & the system has been rebooted after installing NPVR.

I'm having hassles with season recordings - again worked ok on GBPVR.

When I set NPVR to record a particular show in a particular time slot every weekday, it chooses to record the first show correctly, but then lists all sorts of timeslots & weekends for that show while missing the timeslot I actually want.

What am I doing wrong? What other info should I be providing? Or is NPVR too new & I should go back to GBPVR?

I'm running 1.5.28 of NPVR & have applied all the the recommended patches.

e.g. Select a show for weekday recording, hit 'Record This Episode'
[Image: 141l4p.jpg]

& this is the result:
[Image: 104knev.jpg]
Do you have the problem when you use the TV Guide inside NPVR, or only when you use the NEWA web interface? I never use NEWA, so not that familiar with it.
Ahh - works ok from inside NPVR - & displays ok in the web interface. So I have a workaround - thank you!!! I only use the web interface for managing the schedule. Do I need to report bugs with it in a separate place?

(& I forgot to add - yes I have applied the patch.zip linked in the Getting Started thread)
servalan Wrote:Do I need to report bugs with it in a separate place?
I've moved the thread to an appropriate place, so UJB should see it.
that just "looks" like it's the 90 minute +/- allowance for the timeslot...meaning it's marking shows within 90 mins of the start time...
[notice that all the 'Drum' selections after first one are 4:19-5:00...within the 90 mins of 6:05]
in pvrx2 if you set in config.xml "AllowableTimeslotVariance" to lesser number would do the trick...[like 30-50 mins]

oops, it's 4:30 am here and my math is off...[it's under 90 mins so is probably something else]
If there was a way of showing 24 hour time that would help. It's 18:05 - 18:45 I want recorded - Mon-Fri. It's picking up 04:19 - 05:00 as well as repeats on the weekends.
Do I have something I need to look at here? I am not seeing this behavior. Let me know.
Yes please - the problem is reproducible on my system. Are there any logs I can provide to help pinpoint the problem? Works fine within NPVR, just not the web interface.
pBS Wrote:that just "looks" like it's the 90 minute +/- allowance for the timeslot...meaning it's marking shows within 90 mins of the start time...
[notice that all the 'Drum' selections after first one are 4:19-5:00...within the 90 mins of 6:05]
in pvrx2 if you set in config.xml "AllowableTimeslotVariance" to lesser number would do the trick...[like 30-50 mins]

oops, it's 4:30 am here and my math is off...[it's under 90 mins so is probably something else]

servalan Wrote:Yes please - the problem is reproducible on my system. Are there any logs I can provide to help pinpoint the problem? Works fine within NPVR, just not the web interface.

Try reducing the minutes in the setting that pBS mentioned.....it is in the config.xml file with the tag of <TimeSlotMinutes>. The default is 90.....which when applied to recurring recordings opens up the recording window from being the time on the epgevent you selected to be able to start 90 minutes earlier that the start time and end 90 minutes after the end time of the selected epgeven.....basically giving the event a much wider ranger to start in......I think this is probably the issue.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Try reducing the minutes in the setting that pBS mentioned.....it is in the config.xml file with the tag of <TimeSlotMinutes>. The default is 90.....which when applied to recurring recordings opens up the recording window from being the time on the epgevent you selected to be able to start 90 minutes earlier that the start time and end 90 minutes after the end time of the selected epgeven.....basically giving the event a much wider ranger to start in......I think this is probably the issue.
How will that make a difference? I ask it to record 18:05 -> 18:45 every weeknight. It records well outside the 90 minute wiggle range at 04:00 & on weekends, while missing the timeslots I actually want. & won't changing the 90 minute wiggle factor mean the epg is less reliable for my other recordings?

This worked perfectly with gbpvr, just not working with npvr.

Are there any logs I can provide to help troubleshoot?
Pages: 1 2 3