NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA fails to schedule recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any attempt to schedule a recording using NEWA fails. The following appears in the log file. Any ideas?

2010-09-01 09:26:34.294 [DEBUG][4] Got Web Request (192.168.1.6): /SearchResults.aspx
2010-09-01 09:26:34.325 [ERROR][4] System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at N_EWA.SearchResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs:line 308
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.searchresults_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\0a635572\38fd2de4\App_Web_t5en0-ra.0.cs:line 0
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Never mind. Firewall issue. Should have guessed. Doh!
Oops! Spoke too soon.

With Firewall turned off (or on):
If I display a list of programs, and I click on one to bring up the Program Information box, and click on Record This Episode, everything works.

However, with the list of programs displayed, if I use the check boxes to select one or more programs, then go to the top and click Record, I get a an error display in the browser. However, it appears that the programs do get scheduled. Log file says:

2010-09-01 10:08:53.069 [ERROR][4] System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at N_EWA.SearchResults.hlRecord_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs:line 472
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.searchresults_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\0a635572\38fd2de4\App_Web_t5en0-ra.0.cs:line 0
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Looking into this now.....appears to be a hang-over bug from EWA.
Give this patch a try.....just copy the files into your web\ directory. This updated patch also fixes an issue when searching from the details screen for All Episodes or Specific Episode.
I replaced those 2 files, and now I cannot search. I get the following whenever I try to submit a search:

Specified cast is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 353:
Line 354:
Line 355: bool a = (bool) Session["checkTitle"];
Line 356: bool b = (bool)Session["checkDescription"];
Line 357: bool c = (bool)Session["checkSubtitle"];

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs Line: 355

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
N_EWA.SearchResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs:355
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +52
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2184
I did a little more testing on the original problem (I put back the old versions of the 2 aspx.cs files). From a search results screen, if I try to schedule a recording by selecting the checkbox and going to the top to schedule the recording, I get the error I reported earlier (reply #3). However, despite the error, it has successfully scheduled the recording. If I select multiple items and try to schedule them all at once this way, I get the error, and it has only scheduled the one I selected that was the highest in the list. I can schedule recordings one at a time without issue by clicking on the individual entry to bring up the popup and scheduling them that way.
nappysolo Wrote:I replaced those 2 files, and now I cannot search. I get the following whenever I try to submit a search:

Specified cast is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 353:
Line 354:
Line 355: bool a = (bool) Session["checkTitle"];
Line 356: bool b = (bool)Session["checkDescription"];
Line 357: bool c = (bool)Session["checkSubtitle"];

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs Line: 355

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
N_EWA.SearchResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs:355
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +52
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2184

Thanks....I think I see what is happening now.....I'll give it another go and post the update when it is done.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Thanks....I think I see what is happening now.....I'll give it another go and post the update when it is done.

Ok...give this set a whirl....I think this has it. Let me know.
Yes, that looks like it got it. Works well now.

One other thing question. Is the default home page for the web server supposed to be Guide.aspx or Guide2.aspx? It usually opens to Guide, but every once in a while it will bring up Guide2.
Pages: 1 2