NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New User Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get Live TV in the GB-PVR window. When I click on it, it's not executable. Running Win XP 32-bit, SP3. Using ATI TV Wonder 600 USB Tuner. I went into the config and set Capture Sources Client/Server for Streaming. Under Channels, it doesn't show any.
Have you setup your channels on the Devices screen?
sub Wrote:Have you setup your channels on the Devices screen?

Are you talking about GBPVR or NPVR? Are you setting up a server or a client?
Client/Server for Streaming is for client mode with a separate server machine...
uncheck client mode for regular setup..

digital side should work fine, analog maybe not as i'm not sure that one has a hardware decoder..
either way, it only has 1 tuner that can be used at a time, either analog or digital, not both same time..
Sorry everyone, I wasn't expecting such quick responses.

So....I installed GB-PVR first and couldn't find any channels, as I originally described. Then I noticed the newer NPVR, so I also installed that. But when I went through the start-up steps, I got to the install Hauppage WinTV 7 and I couldn't install it, problems with the drivers - maybe it's not compatible with Win XP, which is my current OS? Then I tried to open up GB-PVR again, but I could no longer do so. So I just went through and uninstalled everything.

So my questions.....

Can I use either GB-PVR or NPVR on my XP machine? If so, how do I get around the problem I had with WinTV7?

If I can only use the GB-PVR, where is the Devices screen? I saw it under NPVR, but couldn't locate it under GB-PVR?

Note: I'm just planning to run it on the one computer, to watch Live TV and occasionally record.
You can run NPVR on XP. Actually, you should be able to run both programs on the same PC. That should not be a problem. Reload NPVR and start from there. You setup the channels from the devices screen. You should be able to see you tuner listed there. You will have to scan for the digital channels, then map them to your epg source. You will also have to set your decoders. You will have to dl AC3 filter if you don't already have it for the audio. At that point, once you have guide data, you should be able to watch a show selecting it from the guide.
as a new user you should go ahead with NPVR. I can't see any reason for a new user to go with GB-PVR at this point.

See the thread linked in my signature for help getting going.