NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New mvpmcx2n update for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-09-05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a new mvpmcx2 for GBPVR and NPVR available through NMTInstall and NMTInstall2 and directly from the normal link http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/mvpmcx2n.7z

I. NPVR

mvpmxc2 now uses the timing info created in NPVR files for much more accurate skipping on .ts files. It is much more accurate than I expected, often within a second even on long jumps. Digital files recorded in .28 will have this info, as well as analog files recorded beginning with .31

I think some work needs to be done on NPVR if there is a com skip commercial at the beginning of the file, especially when resuming.

II. NPVR and GBPVR

There is a nice improvement (idea suggested by sub) that eliminates the flashing OSD during video playback. It uses a lot of memory but hopefully by the time I need it we will have some better ideas.

There is a small fix eliminating a problem playing back some mp3 files with ID3v2 tags via HDMI.

Martin
I just downloaded from your link http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/mvpmcx2n.7z & it is only 279Kb in size, is that correct??

EDIT: It was just me expecting it to be bigger as it looks the right size when I unpacked it.....about to try it out now.
That looks about the right size to me (compared with previous versions) - Alex
If I used zip format, I can increase that to almost 400k if you'd like. Seriously, it does compress very nicely so it is deceiving.

Martin
Thanks! Is mvpmcx2n with NPVR ready for prime time? I have not tried NPVR yet because I exclusively use NMT for playback. I am wondering if the functionality is comparable at this point.

I also need to buy another NMT, does mvpmcx2n support the A-200?

Thanks.
Thanks Martin.

It works brilliantly. I do however have one issue - maybe related to the Dongle maybe just my setup.

I have a PCH A-100. Recordings are DVB-C.
Every time I play a recording for the first time after entering nPVR (i.e. not necesserily rebooting/powercycling the PCH), the recording starts at the medium zoom level, effectively pushing content outside the screen.
It is fixed by pressing the zoom button twice to get back to normal zoom, at which it remains for any following shows.
If I exit nPVR and reenter, the zoom is reset to medium, and I have to remedy the situation again.

It would be really nice to have this stone out of the shoe, so any hints on how this can be fixed so the zoom is always just normal.
nia Wrote:It would be really nice to have this stone out of the shoe, so any hints on how this can be fixed so the zoom is always just normal.

On your NMT Setup, what is your default for Setup->Audio/Video->Video Zoom?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:On your NMT Setup, what is your default for Setup->Audio/Video->Video Zoom?
Was : Full Screen
Changed to: Fit to screen

Sorted!

Thanks for the quick response and effective hint Big Grin
Martin,
Is this compatible with 1.5.33? I get a blank screen on video playback.
Absolutely but you need to make sure that you have <StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml

Martin
Pages: 1 2