NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scheduled recordings not showing up as pending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I scheduled a few recordings using the TV Guide and set them to record weekly (season record). Usually, the guide turns that show red and it shows in pending recordings. For some reason, this does not happen for me in season record. It does show up in reccuring recordings only. If I forward to the time the show is set to record, the guide is not marked red.
However if I schedule a show as a quick record or 1 off recording, it does show up where it belongs and is highlighted in red as it should be.
I've not had this problem in earlier NPVR versions. Also, it appears that if I try to schedule a show on today or the next day, I don't have this problems. Only if I try to set a scheduled, weekly recording a few days out.
I'm not sure why this happens.
I should also mention that the System plugin also shows no pending recordings.
You should post you logs, they give details on why things aren't recorded. I know if I schedule a weekly show and pick next week instead of this week's show, this week's show won't get selected. I think of this as a feature not bug, since it helps set up the new fall shows.

Martin
Logs attached.
The shows are both scheduled for this Thursday night....3 days from now.
I just got to the first show that I scheduled that did not highlight in red, does not show in pending recordings but does show in recurring programs and it did not record.

Quote:2010-09-07 19:10:24.299 [DEBUG][1] LoadListingsMatchingTitle(channel=7624,title=Covert Affairs *)
2010-09-07 19:10:24.299 [DEBUG][1] - Potential episode at: 9/7/2010 9:00:00 PM
2010-09-07 19:10:24.301 [DEBUG][1] ...check IsValid()
2010-09-07 19:10:24.302 [DEBUG][1] ...this episode is on Tuesday
2010-09-07 19:10:24.302 [DEBUG][1] ...valid days are: WEDNESDAY
2010-09-07 19:10:24.302 [DEBUG][1] ...doesnt match recurring rules

Exactly what does "doesn't match recurring rules" mean?
Logs attached.
It looks like your recurring recordings is for wednesdays only, and that episodes on Tuesday, so doesnt match the rules.
The recurring menu shows 9/7/10 at 9 pm and it is showing live right now. And, there are other shows I've set for later this week that exhibit the same behaviour.....not showing up in pending nor highlighted in red. That same episode is shown again twice Wednesday, once early in the morning and later the same night but not at the time listed in the recurring menu. Could it be a guide problem? I'm using mc2xml and have the 'a new option selected for all the programs I'm having a problem with. Maybe that's confusing things.
I wiped out all my recordings, emptied the guide, reset mc2xml using schedules direct and did not choose any option (such as -a new) and still when I schedule any show using the Weekly option, I have the same problem. As soon as I choose to record once or quick record, or all episodes on this channel, it shows in red that it's set to record and also shows in Pending.
The same exact thing happens on system #2. I've done nothing different than I've ever done in any version of NPVR.
I just updated to the latest version of NPVR and also noticed that shows I select for recurring recordings are not showing up red in the TV guide. They are listed in the "Recurring" list of the Recording screen. I haven't noticed yet whether they actually record.

On a related note, is there a way to change the default settings for the padding before and after a show? Right now I think it defaults to 2 minutes and 1 minute, but I don't want any padding.

Anthony
I'm a bit busy this afternoon, but if you bump the thread tomorrow then I'll take a look.
Anthony Wrote:On a related note, is there a way to change the default settings for the padding before and after a show? Right now I think it defaults to 2 minutes and 1 minute, but I don't want any padding.
You can set that in Settings on the Recordings screen.
Pages: 1 2 3