NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHR Live Tv & Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Live Tv works the first time then if I exit to the main menu and go back to Live TV a 2nd time it gives tells me "unable to communicate with recording service" newa show the device as recording, if I try it for a 3rd time "failed to start stream"

if I try to record 2 different channels one on each tuner, the recording service stops
Several other HDHR users have reported the same problem. As far as I can tell, its some HDHR driver issue, and doesnt occur with any other device. Unfortunately I dont have any suggestions for how to fix it.
Sub, is it possible to bypass the routine to autodetect the capture filter (which the HDHR doesn't use)? The logs seem to indicate that is where the problem is occuring.
Tried live tv with the keep digital graph checkbox checked, first try ok, second try no picture, had HDHR config app open noticed that on the second try it tried to tune auto6c:57000000 instead of qam256:57000000, used hdhr config app to change channel npvr displays picture of channel hdhr config app is tuned to.
You could see if this patch helps. It does what Whurlston suggests above, and skips the capture filter detection for HDHR devices.
sub Wrote:You could see if this patch helps. It does what Whurlston suggests above, and skips the capture filter detection for HDHR devices.

Woooo Hooooo!!! Just a quick test but it looks like this may have fixed both problems, recording and LiveTV. I will do some further testing and post back later.
Great.
sub Wrote:Great.
Just to follow up a little bit. I was able to record 4 shows concurrently with no issues, so I am totally confident that this patch has fixed all the HDHR issues. Sub and whurlston, thanks again for all your help!
Great.
Sub, I know you were working on some issues relating to this in another thread. This patch didn't get undone, did it? I'm having this same problem so I'm trying to find the file version that will provide a fix.
Pages: 1 2