NextPVR Forums

Full Version: can i manually add a channel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When setting up my device, I accidentally deleted a channel. I don't want to rescan just for that one channel. Is there a way to manually add it?
Quote:Is there a way to manually add it?
No, there isnt (short of manually editing the database).
I think it's something that would be nice to have, or at least a better way of scanning for new channels but *not* adding any unless the user selects them. My sat cards can pick up the best part of 400+ channels, but I barely add 30 or 40 of them. When a new one I do want comes along, I'd prefer to be able to pick just it (and not the other 350+ that a rescan will pick up).

I dealt with this situation in GBPVR by doing all my scanning in DVBDream and then manually editing the .cache files. It was far from an ideal solution, but worked well enough.

Maybe all that's needed is a "select all/none" toggle button when the scan results pop up.

Iain
imilne Wrote:I think it's something that would be nice to have, or at least a better way of scanning for new channels but *not* adding any unless the user selects them.
It doesnt add any channels unless they're ticked and you hit 'ok'. ie, at the end of the scan, right-click and select 'disable all' from the context menu, then tick just the channels you want, then hit ok. There is other useful options on the context menu to.
sub Wrote:It doesnt add any channels unless they're ticked and you hit 'ok'. ie, at the end of the scan, right-click and select 'disable all' from the context menu, then tick just the channels you want, then hit ok. There is other useful options on the context menu to.

Way ahead of us as always Smile
sub Wrote:at the end of the scan, right-click and select 'disable all' from the context menu, then tick just the channels you want, then hit ok.

Oh bugger - and there was me going down the lists and unticking them all :o (at least I found I could multi-higlight them and toggle the tick with 'space').