NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IR Remote Receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that Hauppauge sells the new remote for $15, but I would need an IR receiver to use it on my PC. Does anyone know where to get an IR receiver that works with GBPVR? I have a PVR250 card so I can get use one that plugs into that card, or a USB one if that would work. (The first owner of the card threw away the remote and receiver!  [Image: sad.gif]  )
You can only really use the IR hardware supplied with the non-MCE Hauppauge cards, or the USB-UIRT.

Alternatively you could look at something like Girder, which would allow you use any remote and IR Receiver.
I have the hauppauge remote and an hauppauge winTV USB2 device with IR reciever.

Dispite that I have ordered an USB-UIRT and will not use the hauppauge anymore.

The reason is that I very soon ran out of IR codes on the reciever, so my family found themselfes changing channel on TV when they really just wanted to increase the subwoofer....

So my recomendation is to get an external IR reciever that can handles a lot more freqs than the subset of RC5 that Hauppauge handles.
Okay. Thanks. It looks like the USB-UIRT would be the best one. I guess the MCE remote would work on the computer, too. I might see if I can get one of those cheap.

I was hoping to fine a souce for the Hauppauge remote & receiver, but that looks harder than it's worth.
Hauppauge sells the remote reciever separately if you call them.
Ah, that would be better. I could get that and the new remote. Thanks!