NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA not scheduling recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have a saved search in NEWA called Wipeout. I have the checkboxes set for auto-search and auto-record, and in the config I have auto-search and auto-record both enabled. The search returns one show 4 days in the future. The shows aren't being scheduled though. Is there something else that I'm missing?
skreien Wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a saved search in NEWA called Wipeout. I have the checkboxes set for auto-search and auto-record, and in the config I have auto-search and auto-record both enabled. The search returns one show 4 days in the future. The shows aren't being scheduled though. Is there something else that I'm missing?

The auto search logic should have info in the log.....can you you post your log with the lines pertaining to the auto-search. You can force an auto-search/record from the config tab. Set the auto search days to go out 4 days and then click the search now....
It seems that the search for scheduling is hardcoded somewhere for 4 days despite setting it to 7 days in the config page. I came back to it this morning and the next recording is showing as scheduled and I haven't done anything else.
skreien Wrote:It seems that the search for scheduling is hardcoded somewhere for 4 days despite setting it to 7 days in the config page. I came back to it this morning and the next recording is showing as scheduled and I haven't done anything else.

Interesting....looking back on EWA vs. NEWA.....neither are using that search days that is on the Config page.....they both search whatever is in the EPG. I am thinking this could be a left-over from the auto-search prior to when I constructed a search engine class to go against the db directly rather than using the API.......

So the search pulls matches from the database (so it is looking at the data in your database) and then schedules the recordings from the information that is found......could it be that you have multiple entries in your DB for the various events?
I would say that's likely. I'm one of the ones that has been reporting duplicates. Hopefully that's fixed soon. In the meantime I've setup a sqlite query to remove duplicates twice per day.
skreien Wrote:I would say that's likely. I'm one of the ones that has been reporting duplicates. Hopefully that's fixed soon. In the meantime I've setup a sqlite query to remove duplicates twice per day.

Yes....see the this thread for a posted patch.
Thanks for the link. I was following that thread several days ago and kind of forgot about it. I subscribed it so I won't lose track of it again. Looks like the fix is still a work in progress though. Hopefully soon!