NextPVR Forums

Full Version: .TP file support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have Beyond TV for recording programs. I want to use Nextpvr/gbpvr to use in a different room to use as a extender as such. It works great for .avi and .mpg but my .TP tiles don't show up in the shows list. But if I pick the .TP file to play it in the open file dialog then it plays fine. Is there any way to add the .TP extension as a supported file type. I have played 4 of my shows and all of them played fine.

Thanks.
If you rename them to .ts they'll probably play fine.
Yes but that would require renaming like 5 shows a day. Are you saying you can't add the .TP Ext to your program? I don't store any shows. I just watch them and delete them. So renaming them would be way to time consuming. This feature would really help out.
Don't get me wrong. I love your software. I switched to Beyond TV because of issues a long time ago I couldn't get worked out. But I have been a user of gbpvr for many many years. I actually hate how Beyond TV dropped their consumer pvr software. Haven't had an update in 2 years.
If you'd prefer to have it just list the .tp files, you can add the "tp" extension in the "<VideoLibrary" tag in config.xml, but you'd be better off renaming it .ts if you can, since you'll automatically get use of some of the special extra features that .ts files get (like ability to specify the decoders in the Settings, automatic aspect ratio control etc). Otherwise you'll just get the default directshow handling of .tp files.

I would have though beyondtv would have some script you could run post recording to rename it to .ts etc.
Beyond TV doesn't let you do crap! I forgot about the config.xml. Damn its been a while. The videos play fine. I tried a bunch of them. Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity. Why not add support for them when installed?

EDIT,

OK I feel dumb now, where is that file? Its not where it used to be.

Edit again,

I found it by searching. Thanks again.
You might want to consider letting NPVR do the recording too. When NPVR captures a TS file, it includes timing data which won't be there from BeyondTV and this data allows for very reliable skipping.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You might want to consider letting NPVR do the recording too. When NPVR captures a TS file, it includes timing data which won't be there from BeyondTV and this data allows for very reliable skipping.

Martin

I can't let NPVR do the recording. They way I have my antenna and cable set up only works with BeyondTV. I used to have GBPVR record everything until I got HD tuners. Then it was not an option.
djphatjive Wrote:I can't let NPVR do the recording. They way I have my antenna and cable set up only works with BeyondTV. I used to have GBPVR record everything until I got HD tuners. Then it was not an option.

May I ask why npvr can't do the recording?
mvallevand Wrote:You might want to consider letting NPVR do the recording too. When NPVR captures a TS file, it includes timing data which won't be there from BeyondTV and this data allows for very reliable skipping.

Martin

I guess I thought that all transport streams had timing data inserted.
Pages: 1 2