NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote for PVR150
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been agonising about which TV card to get. I need to input from a telewest cable box so I will go with an analogue card. I will use GB-PVR and probably eventually WMCE (cries of 'traitor'Wink. The remote shown on the UK Hauppauge website shows the MediaMVP style remote with the 150. The US site shows a more sophisticated remote. If I get the retail UK version from an etailer which remote is in the box? Any recent purchasers out there? Best price??
I enquired with Hauppauge about this the other day
You should get the old style remote
It seems the only way to get the new style in the UK at the moment is to order it on the Hauppauge US website at $15, and they will ship it from Ireland, but watch out for the postage -  Ireland to UK is almost the same price as the remote at $12
My PVR150 retail box showed the old style remote, but did contain a new 45 button remote.
OK I've written to Hauppauge UK to see if I can get any sense out of them. I would prefer a half height TV card anyone got any suggestions on that?

Thanks
you can get a low profile 150 (i think its mce) no remote and no fm tuner (im not 100% on the no remote and no fm tuner, but im pretty sure).
But I wouldn't be so happy with the remote from my MVP (at least I would have a remote and I may be getting the WMCE one anyway) the question I have is would I miss not having the software which comes with the retail 150 or is it unnecessary or as poor as people seem to say?

Quote from Hauppage today:
Dear Phil,

The retail PVR 150 ships with our new Hauppauge remote control.

Kind Regards

Henry Mills

Hauppauge Digital Europe

Tel: +44 (0) 207 378 1997

Fax: +44 (0) 207 357 9171

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (philbury @ Feb. 21 2005,05:54)]Would I miss not having the software which comes with the retail 150 or is it unnecessary or as poor as people seem to say?
When I bought an OEM PVR-250 I downloaded all the software from Hauppauge's site. I didn't run into a single problem.

Well, none related to the capture card that is. [Image: smile.gif]
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (philbury @ Feb. 21 2005,05:54)]But I wouldn't be so happy with the remote from my MVP (at least I would have a remote and I may be getting the WMCE one anyway) the question I have is would I miss not having the software which comes with the retail 150 or is it unnecessary or as poor as people seem to say?

Quote from Hauppage today:
Dear Phil,

The retail PVR 150 ships with our new Hauppauge remote control.

Kind Regards

Henry Mills

Hauppauge Digital Europe

Tel: +44 (0) 207 378 1997

Fax: +44 (0) 207 357 9171
I bought a PVR150 just this week from a UK retailer.  It came with a different remote from the one on the Hauppage UK website.  It has 45 keys. so I guess that is the one you want.