NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client devices missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my N-PVR clients has lost the ability to use the server devices. When I try to watch a live program from the guide, it says "Unable to find available capture devices" and in settings the devices list is empty. Other clients are fine, this one used to work. I've uninstalled, removed the /users/public/npvr folder and reinstalled, still the same. Recorded programs and Guide listings show up just fine.

Any suggestions what I need to fix anyone?
Post the client and server logs and I'll see if anything stands out.
Thanks Sub. After a reboot of both client and server, the client now plays live TV, but it still doesn't show the devices in the setup screens. Not a biggie as it all works anyway. I've attached the server and client logs anyway just in case you still want to look.
The "Unable to find available capture device" message has reappeared Sub, this time reboots haven't fixed it, so I've attached the nrecord log from the server and the npvr log from the client for your perusal.
trummel Wrote:Thanks Sub. After a reboot of both client and server, the client now plays live TV, but it still doesn't show the devices in the setup screens. Not a biggie as it all works anyway. I've attached the server and client logs anyway just in case you still want to look.
I am aware of an issue, which I'm guessing is the problem here - If you view the settings screen on the client, and view the Devices screen, it'll check the devices that are locally installed on the client machine, and mark any other device as 'not present'. I've modified the next version to not check for local devices when in client mode.

To fix it, view the Devices screen on the server, then ok out, and avoid looking at the Devices screen on the client until the next release.