NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording while in standby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, now this is strange. I have noticed that if the PVR is in standby and show is scheduled to record, the PC starts to record the show without any outward signs that it woke up. I found it tonight 10 minutes into an HD recording and the LAN lights, HDD lights and case fans were all off. The PC was silent. I woke it up with LAN traffic, the fans all spooled up, and the show was there and had been recording as scheduled. Is it recording to RAM or do you think it is writing to the HDD, but without any lights or fans? I did have a show not record last week due to a "recording service not running" problem. Do you think it would have eventally woken up? I have not been able to get into it to check the logs yet. It was recording my wifes favorite show.... The one it lost last week was her other favorite show.

Has anyone seen this before? Do you think this is a problem? Or has this always been what has happened and somehow I missed it?:confused:
This use to be the case for me on an older machine with GBPVR but is not the case for me now on 2 machines. I think how the BIOS is set to S1 or S3 may be one possible reason but I long ago gave up trying to figure it out.
Well I spoke too soon. It looked like it recorded it fine, but there are a few minutes missing in the recording. From the logs (~8PM on the 4th) it looks like the computer came out of standby fine, then went to sleep about 7 minutes into the recording. Then when I woke it up, the recording just continued without a break. Now I have to figure out why it allows it to go to sleep during the recording. I am using mcestandby tool because it never wanted to sleep. Maybe that had something to do with it. I will disable it and see.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
maybe it is in "away mode"?
try disabling it...http://thoughtsfrommylife.com/article-91...dows_Vista
it's kinda like a half-awake mode...