NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Capture sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a little confused about the devices configuration after using GBPVR. I don't see any way to create capture sources like you could in GBPVR. I have HVR-2250s and I'm not sure how I am going to make use of them completely. I also do not see any way to setup any external tuner channel changing or even see anything at all about external tuners. Why were there so many capture card options in GBPVR, but hardly any in NPVR? Am I missing something? Maybe somebody can point me to some documentation that explains this if there is some other way these things are done.
NPVR auto-detects your capture cards and sets up your capture sources. All you do is select each source and Edit it; there you enable it, define the channel changer (if any), do your channel scans, link your EPG data, etc. If your HVR-2250 analog tuners aren't showing up, it's because you haven't installed the needed MUX; see the Getting started thread linked in my sig below.
How do I tell NPVR to zero pad the channel numbers like I could in GBPVR?
dspdrew Wrote:How do I tell NPVR to zero pad the channel numbers like I could in GBPVR?
Zero pad what exactly? If you're using a blaster, then this is feature of whatever blaster software you're using.
Well I use the channel.exe cli utility to change channels with firewire, and I remember in GBPVR it would not change channels properly until I used the zero pad the channels option, and also the sub option to use 3 digits when zero padding (001, 009, 012, etc..).
Maybe I should ask if anyone is using firewire and the channel command to change channels?
dspdrew Wrote:Maybe I should ask if anyone is using firewire and the channel command to change channels?

Yes, I find the timmmoore driver works perfectly with NPVR. The driver won't work in 64bit though, but you use 32bit and should be fine.

Marti
You don't have any problems with channels entered without zero padding?
dspdrew Wrote:You don't have any problems with channels entered without zero padding?

I think 3 digits are sent by default, what -a value are you using?

Martin
Ok, I guess I don't get leading zeroes, the channels I record with my HDPVR are > 99, my cable broadcasts channels on more than one channel to keep them in themes. I tried some lower channels and it doesn't cause a major problem but there is more delay in tuning.

Martin
Pages: 1 2