NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Black Screen @ Live TV & Recorded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I've installed mvpmcx2 on my PCH-100 & got it working to the point I can see the skin. However, when I scroll & click on Live TV all I get is a black screen w/ no audio.

The ../temp/live folder does show a live .ts file getting bigger as time passes - a file which I can play on my PC and also on my PCH (however there's no audio when playback is from PCH).

I'll be grateful for any kind of help..

Thanks
First could you compress and upload your logs (I don't even know if you are running GBPVR or NPVR, hopefully NPVR) and also the output from the syntax check. http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...ax-Checker

Also are you running from CSI or from a share? I have not updated mvpmcx2 for CSI to use NPVR yet.

If you don't get audio is it possible that your broadcast use HE-AAC audio? If so you are out of luck on the A100.

Martin
Hi Martin,

After rebooting my server I'm now getting a video feed, however w/o audio.

Logs & NMTChecker output are attached.

I'm running GBPVR and indeed I suspect the stream is HE-AAC. However, a few months ago I managed to get both video/audio with mvpmcx2 on the A100 using the same DVB-T adaptor and same DTT broadcast (Israel). Back then the server was XP based while the current one is Win7 (decoders may be different).

Thanks for helping out!
For some reason 64 bit systems often require a reboot to quick off the web server I'm not sure why.

Unfortunately the A100 doesn't decode HE-AAC audio, the chip is capable, the firmware was never updated to use it. It is possible that the older files had a secondary AC3/MP2 audio stream as well, this is the case sometimes especially when multiple languages are in the stream. There are rules in mvpmcx2 to prefer non HE-AAC feeds.

I can tell more about the video stream if you telnet to your PCH and type

cat /etc/dumpts.txt

and copy the info back. The decoders on your PC have nothing to do with the PCH.

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I couldn't find a dumpts.txt in the etc folder (see attached)
Sorry I meant /tmp

Martin
This is what I got:

Read 200000 bytes 4

New PAT
transport_stream_id : 1
version_number : 1
| program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
| 4 @ 0xa60 (2656)
active : 1

New active PMT
program_number : 4
version_number : 12
PCR_PID : 0xa61 (2657)
| type @ elementary_PID
| 0x1b (ISO/IEC 13818-1 reserved) @ 0xa61 (2657)
| 0x11 (ISO/IEC 13818-1 reserved) @ 0xa62 (2658)
Sorry, 0x1b = h264 video 0x11= he-aac audio so there are no additional audio streams that will work.

Martin
Ok. In any case I'll try hooking up my old XP and see if anything changes. Updates will follow..

Thanks!
Hi Martin,

Couldn't get the XP server working.

However, I tried streaming the DVB-T to the A100 using VLC and managed to get both video & audio. I attached a screenshot of codec detail according to VLC.

The streaming parameters I used:

Source: dvb-t://frequency=514000000
Type: dvb-t
Streaming options: Confusedout=#http{mux=ts,dst=:1234/} :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap Confusedout-keep
Pages: 1 2 3