NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What is GBPVR compatible with?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, im relatively new to the world of tv tuners though i have owned a couple in the past.. I'm looking into getting Freeview on my pc, but I really like the look of GBPVR...
Is it possible to use freeview with GBPVR? (I noticed a few freeview channels on the tv guide in the screenshots?) if so what tuners are compatible that you recommend (and if possibe, with the CI), and if not what tv tuners are compatible that you recommend? Thanks a lot =)
Its still early day for GB-PVR on the digital side of things, with the current release being the first to introduce DVB support. You need a DVB card with BDA drivers like the Hauppauge Nova-T or a Twinhan DVB-T card.
Hi (first post - so go easy!!Wink [Image: smile.gif]

I have the Vbox DTT-150 DVB card. It uses BDA drivers, though it isn't on your list of supported cards. Is there anything I can do to try and get this card to work? I've tried all the different cards listed in Config, but always get an error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Cheers,  7&Y
You need to add a new section to bda.ini. You'll find the names you need using GraphEdit. Click Insert Filter, then expand the BDA categories and you should hopefully find the names you're looking for.
Ok - after much head scratching, I got this card to work with the following in BDA.ini.

[V-Box DTT-150]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=VBox TV Tuner (Microtune MT7202DTF)
FILTER_CAPTURE=VBox Bic951 Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

With some of the channels, the picture is very jittery, but others are perfect. Anyone throw any light on this, please?
Also, can someone tell me how to change to a different MPEG2 decoder please?

Cheers,  Andy E.