NextPVR Forums

Full Version: v1.5.33 - Recurring Recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In GBVPR, when I setup recurring recordings - it would search for the recordings once - and then if I cancelled the recording from the pending screen it wouldn't reappear when the EPG was updated every night.

It seems that this is not the case in 1.5.33 - every morning all the recurring recordings I've cancelled show up again. Is this expected behavior?
I'm still seeing this. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a flag I can turn on in the config file to make it stop reloading cancelled recordings?
cbutera Wrote:I'm still seeing this. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a flag I can turn on in the config file to make it stop reloading cancelled recordings?

To cancel all of a recurring recording you have to go to the Recurring screen, canceling in Pending will only cancel that specific recording.
It's just a case of "not implemented yet". At each EPG update, NPVR dumps all pending recordings that were scheduled from a recurring recording, then loads the new EPG and reschedules all the recurring recordings again. Therefore it doesn't remember that you cancelled a single recording - they've ALL been canceled. What it needs is some logic to set a pending recording as "Cancelled" while still leaving it in the database - then when it goes to reschedule each episode it will find it already there but marked cancelled so it won't reschedule it again.

This is all part of conflict management, which is also not implemented yet. The Conflicts screen in Recordings shows nothing, presumably at least in part because there are no features yet that could resolve any conflicts past one EPG update (though at least being able to resolve today's conflicts would be nice).
Thank you so much for the explanation... Hope the conflict resolution gets put back in soon!