NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Stream to Client PC Choppy w/NPVR, VLC and WDTVLIVE work well.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to make this work so live tv can be watched on the client. I have no problems with the network streaming an already recorded show with other devices.
Need some more information. Is this on wired or wireless? Are you on the latest release? Checked codecs? Can you watch recorded shows? Is it any better using the videos plugin for recorded shows?
Jerome Wrote:I'd like to make this work so live tv can be watched on the client. I have no problems with the network streaming an already recorded show with other devices.

True LiveTV cannot be stream to anything but NPVR clients or MVP/NMT, it uses a custom file format. You should still be able to play in-progress recordings.

Martin
I was trying to stream to NPVR client. I'm using latest release. Codec is the same as on the server, works fine on the server. I get stutter using wired or wireless to client. My network is optimized for streaming video E3000 Linksys router with all wireless clients using N band. I now have enough recorded shows I'm not concerned with streaming the live tv anymore. It works perfectly using VLC to stream the recorded content...so I'm not going to try and make it work with the NPVR client any more. Thanks for the help.