NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AutoRemoveMissingRecordings setting does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with moving my recordings. I have an old recordings folder on D:\recordings and a new one on C:\recordings. When I installed N-PVR I first imported all those D: recordings. Later I got a new 1 TB disk which replaced C: and thus I want to move my recordings to C:. The old D: will be reformatted.

I did this:
1) Copied all data to C:\recordings
2) Edited my old GB-PVR recordings-dump.xml to point all paths to C:\recordings
3) Imported
3) Changed recording folder in settings to C:\recordings
4) Renamed the the old folder to D:\recordings-old

Restarted N-PVR service and started up. I did expect that all recordings in the database that were now missing, i.e pointing to D: would be removed according to the AutoRemoveMissingRecordings setting (which is true). This did not happen so now I ended up with double entries in recordings. One entry pointing to C:\recordings and working, and one entry pointing to the old discarded folder, which has no video to show.

Why is the Auto remove feature not working and how can I sort out this problem?
With gbpvr you had to wait a while for them to go in a "sweep up" routine AFAIK - wait a whle, possibly after the EPG update timer and see if they go.
Ah! That could be it. I'll know in another 6 hours... Wink
Thanx!
Try to set <NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing> to false.
NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing = false did the trick! Just waiting for the cleaning sweep did not seem enough.
And with this setting cleaning was immediate when I entered recordings. Maybe a reason Sub has disabled it by default. It takes some time...
This setting exists, and is defaulted the way it is, to work around a commonly reported problem on GBPVR, where the user had recordings on a network drive, but sometimes the driver was unavailable and the app would delete the recordings (even though they're still there, just not accessible right now).
sub Wrote:This setting exists, and is defaulted the way it is, to work around a commonly reported problem on GBPVR, where the user had recordings on a network drive, but sometimes the driver was unavailable and the app would delete the recordings (even though they're still there, just not accessible right now).

I for one will say I "much prefer" it this way after having to re-import all my recording for a drive that stopped being recognised by the server for some bazaar reason more than once.
Yep, it is perfectly Ok for me to "work around" this problem in this way. Although the functionality of this would in my mind be better served if one can call for it on demand. I.e from settings or from the recordings screen. An option there to remove missing recording on demand I think would satisfy most (all?) users. That removes the mystification surrounding its inner workings.
At least we need some proper wiki pages to describe how to handle this. If it isn't there already... I could do it for instance...