NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Volume control?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have we lost volume control with the new NPVR/PCH setup?
Just testing NPVR on my PCH now and I remember it was a late addition to MVPMCX2. Presumably most people use the amp remote but my amp is hidden in a cupboard so I'd need a repeater, which is a bit of a pain.
Based on the poll results http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...-NMT-users the vol up/down action was replace with page up/down (the remote keys are labeled for both). You can change the defaults yourself following these steps http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...ey-Mapping

People using the lircd option for the Hauppauge remote or a programmable RC configured as a Hauppauge remote could have both keys.

I am not sure if NPVR supports a volume key to the NMT, I haven't used tested this myself.

Martin
I have to say (again?) the Hauppauge remote is a beauty to use.
martint123 Wrote:I have to say (again?) the Hauppauge remote is a beauty to use.

Agree I'm still using mine as the keys are just so much more convenient than the A100 remote Smile

The only problem at the moment is the Menu (Home) key seems to be reversed with the Video key?
Jaggy Wrote:Agree I'm still using mine as the keys are just so much more convenient than the A100 remote Smile

The only problem at the moment is the Menu (Home) key seems to be reversed with the Video key?

I don't think i is not reversed, it is working as designed for technical reasons for those that also use the NMT software, as we have discussed. Why not try to customize it yourself following the link in post #1?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I don't think i is not reversed, it is working as designed for technical reasons for those that also use the NMT software, as we have discussed.

Hmmm I don't remember that conversation at all.....maybe old age again......

As long as it is working as designed I have no issue with that.....but I do report things that "appear" to be wrong to me otherwise they won't get fixed if they are a bug.
Been testing but can't get it to work. I use lircd (always have) and did have an mvpmcx2.ini but have removed that now but still can't get it to control volume using the hauppauge remote. Could it be that (as you suggest) npvr does not support a volume key to the NMT?

I have done some telnet testing and can see the following codes when pressing remote keys:
Haup. vol up: 9e, dn: 9f
Haup. Chnl up: 2b, dn: 2d
PCH Pg Up: 9e, dn: 9f

Does that look right? I expected the page up/downs to be the same codes and the volume on the hauppauge remote to be different to that?

Thanks again, looking really good apart from this minor niggle.
macgyver Wrote:I have done some telnet testing and can see the following codes when pressing remote keys:
Haup. vol up: 9e, dn: 9f
Haup. Chnl up: 2b, dn: 2d
PCH Pg Up: 9e, dn: 9f

That looks right. 9e and 9f should be the scan codes for the page/volume key. You still would need to use the ini file to map those to volume. I tested these keys when set at volume and NPVR is interpreting them differently (logging as Oemplus and Oemminus ) but is not return any command to mvpmcx2 to lower the volume. There is no key mapping for volume so I am guessing this is not supported in NPVR yet.

If sub doesn't implement this for the PCH in the next major NPVR release, I guess I can release my own patch.

Martin
OK, thanks. I'll keep fingers crossed for a major or patch release then.
At least the mute key works for when it comes on too loud - give me time to get to the cupboard and turn it down...
Not sign of volume control in latest npvr release notes, can anyone confirm if we have control in npvr/pch yet?
I can't switch fully to NPVR until I can control the volume.
Pages: 1 2