NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WMA via MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why cant WMA files be seen or played via the MVP? The MVP native interface now supports this.
The MVP only natively supports MPEG1/MPEG2/MP3.

The Hauppauge software does have some functionality to on the fly convert WMA files to MP3's before sending them to the MVP. Why doesnt GB-PVR also do this?...because I havn't got around to it yet. I might implement it one day, but there's a lot of other things I'd like to do first.
Thanks Sub......I wasn't sure how the MVP actually was handling the WMA's.
if you find a wma to mpeg converter that is command line and free we can attach it to xrecord and get it to play over the mvp.

The lack of WMA support using GBPVR and the MVP is a showstopper for me as all my music is stored in this format.
I currently use the Hauppauge software on the MVP which can play WMA files but also run SlimServer on my Shuttle which uses LAME to transcode to MP3 on the fly that I can access and control from my NetGem iPlayer.
I can use Net Radio in GBPVR to stream a playlist of WMA's from SlimServer to the MVP but this has to be set up on the PC which is not ideal.
Could LAME be used to transcode WMA to MP3 on the fly for the GBPVR plugins on the MVP, I believe it has a command line interface.
This would make me, and I am sure many others, very happy!

aac (or m4a) format would be nice too, since all my music is in that format

I don't have a iPod by the way
The lines in my convert.conf to convert wma to mp3 are as follows, it looks like this uses wmadec from SlimServer as well as LAME:
wma mp3 * *
[wmadec] -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 $FILE$ | [lame] -x --resample 44100  --silent -q 9 -b 320 - -

For more details look at  The LAME Project and

SlimServer wmadec

I hope someone can incorporate these into a suitable plugin.
This would be great...I am able to transcode the WMA to MP3 without problem. I am hoping reven can use these two tools to provide streaming of WMA via the MVP.

Hi,

I love this application... It really is brilliant... but I am like a lot of other people out there, who for whatever foolish reason have encoded their entire music collection into WMA and not MP3... if GBPVR or a plugin could be made to transcode from WMA to MP3 on the fly, like the Hauppauge software does, then GBPVR would be the creme de la creme (as the english say [Image: biggrin.gif] )... This is this softwares only 'limitation' and it's only because I've encoded everything in WMA [Image: wow.gif] .

re-encoding on mass is not really an option... unfortunately...

George
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ] am hoping reven can use these two tools to provide streaming of WMA via the MVP.
sorry not really possible, i think sub has added wma support to the mvp in the next version thou (might just be wmv, if not its probably on his todolist).
Pages: 1 2