NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Command line import function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a command line arg to import xml files of recording similar to that from GBPVR

pvxr2.exe -import:"recordings.xml"?

I tried something similar with nextPvr and it simply launches the GUI.
Sorry, no there isnt.
I would be interested in having this support added again, import and export. In GPBVR days, I would tweak titles and recording info (since I'd renamed recording filenames), by modifying the recordings.xml and then making them known again to GPVR by importing the tweaked <recording> record. I hope that support is added again, so my Perl script wrapper can call NextPVR.exe from command line.

Thanks.
carpeVideo Wrote:Is there a command line arg to import xml files of recording similar to that from GBPVR

pvxr2.exe -import:"recordings.xml"?

I tried something similar with nextPvr and it simply launches the GUI.

For what it's worth, I too would really like to have this feature added to nPVR. This was one of my favourite and most used features of pvrx2. I just finally got around to updating to nPVR 2.03 yesterday, and now I'm seriously considering downgrading back to my trusty 1.47 again because of this missing feature. Is there any other similar way of adding recordings automatically to the recordings menu?

Apart from that I have been really impressed with all the improvements. It seems to all run a lot faster and smoother, and so far I haven't encountered a single bug or crash. Great work on all the stability and simplicity.
Quote: Is there any other similar way of adding recordings automatically to the recordings menu?
Do you mean one off, or through a batch file?

You can import recordings using the settings gui.
JonnyCam Wrote:Do you mean one off, or through a batch file?

You can import recordings using the settings gui.

Yeah, I know. I had seen that when I made the post.

If you want the long version: I have my nPVR computer on the other side of the wall from my tv and media center. I do have a keyboard and a mouse hooked up to it for last resort emergencies, but I pretty much only ever use the remote and would like to keep it that way.

What I was afraid of when I was writing that post was that I would have to use the mouse each and every time I wanted to import something or another into the recordings database. Before I would just double click through a networked computer and instantly it was added.

I did end up finding a way to add files remotely without messing around with the mouse, but it takes ~20 clicks instead of 2. It's really not as much of an inconvenience as I was originally dreading, and it probably isn't worth the effort to code the ability to import through the command line especially since there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for it. How much is 18 extra clicks plus ~30 seconds extra of my time? Not too bad. It just seems more annoying right now because I am just configuring and setting up v2.03 for the first time after formatting the hard drive and starting over completely.