NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Win7 official default drivers for Realtek audio is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Cannot delete this thread, which I had done I if I could. It seems my crackling audio is back, even in Media Player, so not the N-PVR's fault. Something in my system is still bad. Reboot solves it for a while.
Realtek drivers did NOT solve the problem. Sorry for any confusion.

In my investigations about crackling audio on my Win7 x64 system I had the default drivers from windows update installed. These drivers are supposed to be WHQL-certified and working well. This was however not the case.

I had crackling and popping even when playing files in Media Player etc, so the issues were clearly not connected to N-PVR.

So I installed the latest Realtek drivers from ther Realtek site and those problems went away! So, the official Win7 x64 drivers which are WHQL-certified are in fact broken (as far as I can tell)! I guess this may affect Vista x64 as well. If it affects 32-bit Vista/Win7 I don't know.

I have read in other threads about audio problem, and if those users are having the same system and windows default driver I suggest trying the Realteks own latest drivers. They can be found here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/
( I went the High Definition Audio route)

Please post your findings if it solves anything or not.