NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PC client problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have started to run the PC client in non-service mode as I can see no reason to have a Nrecord process on the client. And the client seems to work fine the first time you select a live TV show. Popping back to the EPG and selecting another channel just hangs...

I actually have to restart the service on the server end, restart the client and then I can select another channel. But again selecting another channel hangs...

So, if this is because of me running N-PVR in user mode or if it is another bug I am not sure.
Anyway the server logs are attached.
Was this ever resolved?
It makes sense that you disable the NPVR Recording Service AND take NPVR Tray out of the Windows startup.

sub - Would that be an option for the client mode, i.e. just a player interface sort of thing, without all the other bits? Uncheck these two options? Makes it simpler?
You should be able disable the NPVR Recording Service and NPVR Tray on the client machine if you want. It wont do it automatically for you though.
I use the client with the recording service on, so I have no idea if the problem above still persists. My guess is that the problems are fixed since long ago. If needed, I can check for you.