NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Find Cause for Resume from Hibernate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since a new install of Win7 on a new MB in June, the HTPC comes out of hibernate at approximately 13:45 each day, runs for a few minutes, and then hibernates. I can't determine what is doing this: the EPG update is set for 16:00. There is nothing in Task Scheduler that would explain it. Is there a tool I can use to see what causes the resume? Something that would write a log?

Thanks.
I had same problem. This one did it for me. Wol Will still work http://jack.ukleja.com/fix-for-windows-7...p-problem/
Good suggestions, unfortunately, no joy. -lastwake does not identify the process - just says wake count 1, wake source 0.

The network card pattern matching was enabled, so I disabled, but that didn't fix it.

Still wakes up every day at about 13:48 or so.
you could try

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed - that will tell you what devices can do things

This seems fairly comprehensive:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-...blems.html

Also the event log may have something to help
Quote:Hello

I've had same problem, but I solved it yesterday. I've tried everything - latest BIOS, "wake on" options disabled for all devices and I have disabled Windows Update. No luck till yesterday - I have found, that Windows Defender is waking up my laptop every day at 2. Check your Event log , you will find something like this :

time 01:59:10

The system has resumed from sleep.

Wake Time: 00:58:54

Wake Source: Unknown

time 02:00:30

Windows Defender signature version has been updated.

Current Signature Version: 1.31.9205.0

Previous Signature Version: 1.31.9142.0

time 02:00:35

Windows Defender scan has started.

Solution: go to Control Panel->Windows Defender

and then click Tools->Options

uncheck "Automatically scan my computer"

(on my was set to scan every day at 2)

if have unchecked also

"Use Windows Defender" (Bottom of page)
Windows update?
Here's an update of recent discoveries. There were a number of Windows-related tasks in Task Scheduler scheduled to run daily or weekly or whatever that were related (as far as I could tell) to MS gathering Windows or application information. There were annotated as being conditional on the user "opting in". I always "opt out" of these, and don't recall even being asked the question.

Also, there was a WMP update checker scheduled to run daily (I think this was the real culprit).

Anyway, I disabled them all. The WMP item is interesting since I had not done the initial configuration of WMP since a re-install of Win7 in June; the update preferences are set the first time you run WMP.

I think the problem is solved now, but need a few more days before declaring victory.