NextPVR Forums

Full Version: A few channel changes freeze MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was quite happy to switch to NPVR until this started happening. In short, several channel changes will freeze MVP during LiveTV. Some times the last change will be successful but PCH/MVP will no longer respond to any remote control commands while video continues to play, other times I get a blank screen. I reproduced this several times and I have attached the logs. It happens with my analog and digital tuners. Only a hard reset will fix the problem. The livetv buffer file continues to grow on the server.

BTW, the mvp.log file sometimes only has 2-3 lines and does not grow, even though MVP works.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Problem does not exist in GBPVR. Thanks for making a single client working with both versions, testing is a snap.
To play live tv in .33 is challenging, but you do need to use all the patches. I do see NRecord stopping recording but not ending which will cause a problem.

I would need to see your MVP log file though. This means you need to be only running on MVP server.

Martin
Applied all patches. Set to single MVP server. Same problem, logs attached. Thanks again.
Ok, I see it here too, so this is for sub to look into. I expect if you waited longer before tuning you would get better results.

Be kind too, with all the changes since .31 (not all positive) I am not sure what works and what doesn't anymore, so I am asking for logs to help me as much as anything else.

Martin
Thanks Martin. Let me know if you need me to provide any more testing. I sure hope Sub will take a look at this as everything else is working beautifully.
I did some more testing tonight and the .31 NRecord works fine for changing channels for me. It passed changing 30+ channels fine.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I really hope Sub fixes this as it is a show stopper for my family. Ideally, nothing done through remote should ever cause a crash and a require a hard reset.

Is replacing the NRecord with the .31 version enough to fix the problem or do I need other files?
Right now I am using just the original .31 NRecord.exe with all the other files and the patches I've found from .33

Martin
Thanks that worked fine as long as there is a small wait between channel changes it works fine. It still lockups if say 3 ch+ presses are done, at least the blaster/analog side.
Pages: 1 2