NextPVR Forums

Full Version: which IR Blaster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's my config:

AMD XP 2100+
WinXP Pro
GBPVR 0.90.10
PVR150MCE
Girder 3.3
Phillips MCE remote and receiver (with 1 IR blaster bud)

TV setup:
6 channels thru Antenna in my attic -> Antenna on PVR150
Dish Network Satellite reciever -> S-video IN on PVR150

Currently, I'm able to use GBPVR to change channels when I'm in the range that I've set for the Antenna, but I still have to use my Dish remote to change channels when I'm in the range of satellite channels. So my next step in the process is trying to get my computer to change the channels on my Dish Receiver.

I've learned that unless I use Windows MCE 2005, I can't use the IR blaster with my MCE remote/receiver. It looks like one of my options is to use the USB-UIRT. There are a few people in this forum that say they're changing channels on their Dish Network receiver, but don't mention how.

So my question is what all do I need to make this work with GBPVR? I have already bought Girder.

Thanks!
Torque,
I have used both the Hauppauge 150 IR blaster to change the channel on the Dish network box (I had to use the Alphastar codes for some reason - they may have fixed that in the latest blaster driver but since I had it working I didn't want to mess with the new driver)
I have also used the Actsys IR200L (I think that's the name) - Its a serial port connected IR blaster which GBPVR can use directly and it knows the codes for DishNetwork (its in the setup)
If I can help, let me know. Righ now, my whole system went kaput and I am trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to rebuild, and get a better graphics card installed as well. But I can't get winTV2k to start properly. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I'll keep plugging.