NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Running out of NMT servers with NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that sometimes my NMT servers are not getting freed up. I have two NMT devices. One is a A100 and the other is an EGreat. I have the NPVR setup to have 2 NMT servers. After clean restart of the NPVR recording service, there seems to be 2 servers available. But after some use, it changes where I can only have one of my devices connected. I know this because one will get into a loop where it looks like it is trying to connect. Only after I stop the other device will it get connected.

I usually stop the A100 by putting it into standby. With EGreat, the power off button turns the device completely off, so that is how the device gets turned off. I think the problem is related to the use of the EGreat, but I am not sure.

Is this a known problem? I did not have this issue with GBPVR.
To alleviate the problem, I have increased the number of NMT/MVP servers. It seems to helped so far. I assume as long as I restart my recordings service daily, I probably will be OK. Am I the only one with this problem? Would logs help?
I've found that restarting the Recording Service doesn't necessarily kill the NMT server but there have been improvements but I thought they were before .33 Logs with multiple servers running aren't complete but better than nothing although this is a issue for sub.

Martin