NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCTV nanoStick T2 290e no audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just can't get any audio out of this device in NPVR.

Tried different he-aac decoders but nothing seems to work.

The TVCenter app that came with the 290e does produce audio.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
ACTCMS Wrote:Have a read through this thread... http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...-available

Yep. I've seen that thread but it's not provided any help so far.

I now have it working fine in win7 media center but still no joy with NPVR.
I hope you get it working soon, I put one of these tuners on my list for santa!
gEd Wrote:I hope you get it working soon, I put one of these tuners on my list for santa!
I was thinking about doing that too Wink Dabs have still got 45 left... Big Grin
nj2112 Wrote:Yep. I've seen that thread but it's not provided any help so far.

I now have it working fine in win7 media center but still no joy with NPVR.
I've successfully got audio with NPVR using DVB-T2 and the Monogram decoder in the past.

Try watching one of these channels or recordings, then post your npvr.log and I'll take a look.
Logs attached. I used the monogram decoder but have tried ffdshow and the microsoft dtv decoder which is the one 7MC uses I think.

Info for other NPVR'ers thinking of getting one.

Comes with the usual comedy aerial, a short (and I do mean short ~10") usb extension, a standard Coax to mini Coax converter and little remote.
Sensitivity seems good, as good as any other dvb-t device I've seen, dvb-t2 signal is weaker but still quite good considering I'm in a fringe reception area and only have a standard aerial setup. Of course YMMV as UHF reception be one of the dark arts.
The included software is as you might expect is a bit pants.
Bit pricey but mine was a giftSmile, I dropped a few 50lb hints recently.
nj2112 Wrote:Logs attached. I used the monogram decoder
The log generally looks ok. If you can upload a short recording, I'll can check it here. They may have changed something about the DVB-T2 broadcasts since the test I had a few months ago.

Quote: but have tried ffdshow and the microsoft dtv decoder which is the one 7MC uses I think.
These wont work. The Microsoft decoder will only do MPEG1 Layer II audio in 3rd party apps (MSDN says it's limited due to license restrictions). I've not seen a version of the ffshow decoder that can do HE-AAC v2. The only other decoder that does work is the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD (comes with WinTV7).
I'm not getting audio with the monogram decoder, but I do get audio with the ArcSoft decoder. I couldnt tell you why though. Its likely there is something about the broadcaster's encoding that isnt liked by the Monogram decoder. The HE-AAC that is broadcast here in NZ works fine with the Monogram decoder.
Pages: 1 2 3