NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Will turning off "Wake on Directed Packet" in Intel NIC affect GBPVR recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having problems getting the thing to sleep since I bought a new NIC, even when I tried to manually put it to sleep it would wake again around 3~4 secs later. I finally discovered that turning off "Wake on Directed Packet" in the Intel NIC Power Management settings works, but will this affect GBPVR recordings?

i.e. will the PC wake to record?

It still has a setting for Magic Packets.

k.
no, that won't affect recordings at all. that settings tells the network card to wake the computer if it receives any packet directed to it's MAC address (rather than a broadcast packet). it won't affect scheduled wake up either, as gb-pvr gives windows a list of wakeup times.
yea, that's a good idea to have off, otherwise it would wake anytime you tried to see if it was awake,eg:tried to browse for it...
they've gotten strangely creative with the hardware power options on intel adapters...the defaults suck tho..
OK Cheers fellers, will give it a whirl.
Hmmm...
Last night's (15th Dec) recording of the Mentalist was a complete Turkey, file stutters every 10 to 20 secs or so on playback, both via NMT and PC (Codecs fine other files fine). Could it be the PC not waking up properly or something else interfering?

k.
Same behaviour again last night, recording late night news a test, this time with NPVR.
It only "seems" to half wake up?

k.