NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI HD 5440 or Nvidia Geforce G210
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using a trusty Nvidia 7300LE for the last 5 years or so and it has simply been the best HTPC graphics card ever. Totally silent as it has no fan and runs very cool. Which is handy as there is no fan in the case at all (Pentium M motherboard)

Unfortunately the setup not very good with BBC HD so I was thinking of updating the graphics card to address this.

As the above two cards have the lowest power consumption that I am aware off I was considering upgrading to one or the other. Has anyone got any experience of either card.

I was leaning more towards Nvidia as i've been so pleased with the 7300LE and I also upgraded to a Nvida 3450 a couple of years ago (HD playback was perfect) but the thing used too much energy for my fanless PSU and it also ran very hot.

Any opinions appreciated.
You have probably bought the card already.

But i just put a HD 5450 into my box and it works great with windows 7 and windows XP.

The great think about the 5 series ATI graphics cards is they use very little power.

I have one with a heat sink in my antec fusion. Both fans are on low and i have not CPU cooler fan (also fanless). My temperatures are nice an low.

Thanks,

n4l