NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Managing identical tuners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using a Lifeview TVWalker Twin--not the forbidden one from many years ago, but a dual DVB-T tuner that works like a charm with GB-PVR. However, I have an identical unit that I cannot keep connected. It installs correctly in Windows, and functions with its own software, but GBPVR cannot tell them apart; it believes there is still only a total of two tuners, and selects which one to use by way of crap-shoot. Has anyone out there ever faced and solved a similar problem?
If you get a chance, it might be worth checking if NextPVR can see both of these tuners. Its much better than GBPVR at autodetecting devices.
sub Wrote:If you get a chance, it might be worth checking if NextPVR can see both of these tuners. Its much better than GBPVR at autodetecting devices.

Sadly, much of what I do absolutely depends upon the GraphRecorder plugin,which carpe only developed for GB-PVR.
perhaps then a filtercheck log would be of service?
johnsonx42 Wrote:perhaps then a filtercheck log would be of service?

Oh, I don't use it for the graphing capabilities. I use it to intercept recording requests and download live TV from the internet as a "channel." Thanks, though.
Filtercheck with both tuners installed would show what the driver reports as available devices.
martint123 Wrote:Filtercheck with both tuners installed would show what the driver reports as available devices.

Oh, I see...sort of. All four devices (two tuners each) appear in the devices list, but I think you are talking about more. I suspect that finding a way to use a copied driver, rather than the same driver for both, would solve the problem. This may fit with your advice. Could you give me a cheat sheet on how to proceed?
keith_leitch Wrote:Could you give me a cheat sheet on how to proceed?

With both tuners installed navigate to the gbpvr program directory and run filtercheck.exe this will create a file filtercheck.log
If you post this log file then those who know more than me can work out what the device is reporting and from this maybe tweak a configuration file to enable the use your pair of them.

It depends completely on the vendor if a single driver will be ok for both cards or each card needs a driver loading. With my tuners, I have only needed a single driver loading for as many cards as I have installed. Your filtercheck log will tell us.
martint123 Wrote:With both tuners installed navigate to the gbpvr program directory and run filtercheck.exe this will create a file filtercheck.log
If you post this log file then those who know more than me can work out what the device is reporting and from this maybe tweak a configuration file to enable the use your pair of them.

It depends completely on the vendor if a single driver will be ok for both cards or each card needs a driver loading. With my tuners, I have only needed a single driver loading for as many cards as I have installed. Your filtercheck log will tell us.

OK, thanks. I have a nephew visiting, but I will do this the first chance I get. All four tuners (both twins) seem to run off a single driver when using their proprietary software.
It's New Years' Day, and to celebrate the departure of my nephew, I have attached the log of a filtercheck. It seems to show four tuners, implying that both twins are installed, but the software is still having the problem of distinguishing between them.
Pages: 1 2