NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any one else having problems with skip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else been having problems with the skip function in the last two versions? I have the skip set to skip forwards or backwards 10 seconds with a button press but when the skip backwards button is pressed it often skips forward a second or two and I'm not confident that the number + skip is going in the right direction by the right amount consistently.
Some users have report odd skip sizes on files that were still growing/recording. Are your files still growing?
I don't think so, I know that if I watch files that are recording I have all sorts of stability issues so I tend to avoid doing that. It just occurred to me that it might only be channel seven files (which cause a crash when FF/RW and have the funny length GOPs), I'll check that out.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (Paulp33 @ Feb. 22 2005,18:36)]Has anyone else been having problems with the skip function in the last two versions? I have the skip set to skip forwards or backwards 10 seconds with a button press but when the skip backwards button is pressed it often skips forward a second or two and I'm not confident that the number + skip is going in the right direction by the right amount consistently.
yeah, i'm having the same issue. skip back and skip forward don't seem to behave at all consistently, so i have come to refrain from doing that. <n> (a number) then <skip forward> correctly jumps ahead n minutes. i've only had my MVP since the latest release (.9010) so i can't comment on whether this is new behavior.

oh, and i experience this on files that are currently recording (growing) as well as ones that have finished recording entirely.

pov.