NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD-PVR setup help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

Just got a Hauppage HD-PVR with my Christmas money and am having some issues getting it set up.

What is working:
- Channel changing, am doing that via timmoore firestb and channel.exe
- I get a video signal in live TV mode
- Audio works when testing the HD-PVR passthru connected to the TV

What is not working:
- No audio through the PC
- Video shows a scrolling message regarding an elecard codec or SDK that needs to be purchased/upgraded with a watermark in the upper right corner... (?)

What I've not tried:
- Recording and playback of recordings made by the HD-PVR

Since the channels that my HDHR can tune, I know it's not a larger issue with the hardware config. Those channels work fine with the decoders I have chosen (Cyberlink Video Decoded PDVD10, ATI MPEG Audio Decoder, and AC3Filter).
Please consider using NPVR. I had no luck with my HDPVR in GBPVR until I went to the GraphRecorder plugin. In NPVR with the ffdshow audio and video decoders it is working almost flawlessly for me.

Martin
Well, I solved the elecard issue by uninstalling it (had installed it as part of HDPack and didn't realize it).
Giving NPVR a try. Having some better luck.
umm, don't leave the 264 decoder as system default would help alot...[hdpvr is *always* h264.]
cyberlink pdvd10 is a good choice for 264 codec..

oh and for audio, need <PreferredHDPVRAudioFormat>AC3</PreferredHDPVRAudioFormat> in livetvsettings section of config.xml for pvrx2...
I got fully switched over to NPVR. Does the PreferredHDPVRAudioFormat line still need to be set in config.xml?

I've been playing around with the H.264 stuff. Having some trouble with codec selection. YES, I am still on Windows XP and plan to stay there for the time being. I'm currently using the Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder. Works like a charm for a couple of minutes but then the video starts to get pretty choppy after 5-10 minutes of live TV playback. This is causing major issues with the WAF. I've tried a few other decoders for H.264 but most all of them either don't work at all (no video) or have some other issue. Any good ideas on H.264 codecs?

I'm using ffdshow for all audio.
From my experience you could try changing USB ports on your PC.

Martin
Right now it's running through a hub - I'm assuming a direct connection might be best?
I would recommend a direct USB connection based on my experiences. I had a case early on just changing which USB port I used on the PC made a difference. I think Martin had the same experience. Another tip is to make sure your STB is always sending out the same signal. For example, I have mine set to always output 720P for all channels.
SickBoy Wrote:Any good ideas on H.264 codecs?

I'm using the ArcSoft codecs for everything - register ASVid.ax and ASAudio.ax (or the equivalents), at least. You may need to create an ASVid.log file - see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...st16122928