NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Digital cards can't be used together unless live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to move to nPVR but after two days I'm at the hair tearing stage. There are obviously niggles that I can work with but I have two fundamental problems. One is the psisdecd.dll crash which I'm still trying to resolve following the various comments.
The other I'm a bit stumped with. My setup has three cards (see sig.) but I can't get the two digital cards to record at the same time. I can record on either one no problem but if one is recording then I get 'no tuners available' UNLESS I record on one and select live TV on the other, then they both work.
I have attached the logs from my last testing but I can't see anything referring to the 'no tuners available' messages that I get.
Any ideas? I should mention that I have loads of merged channels as most channels appear on all three tuners. Also I upgraded tp XP SP3 (to try and sort the psisdecd issue) but notice that you (sub) no longer even have an XP machine so what is the recommended setup now - W7?
Cheers for any help, I want to keep up with the development but right now GBPVR is pretty stable for me.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
macgyver Wrote:I really want to move to nPVR but after two days I'm at the hair tearing stage. There are obviously niggles that I can work with but I have two fundamental problems. One is the psisdecd.dll crash which I'm still trying to resolve following the various comments.
The other I'm a bit stumped with. My setup has three cards (see sig.) but I can't get the two digital cards to record at the same time. I can record on either one no problem but if one is recording then I get 'no tuners available' UNLESS I record on one and select live TV on the other, then they both work.
I have attached the logs from my last testing but I can't see anything referring to the 'no tuners available' messages that I get.
Any ideas? I should mention that I have loads of merged channels as most channels appear on all three tuners. Also I upgraded tp XP SP3 (to try and sort the psisdecd issue) but notice that you (sub) no longer even have an XP machine so what is the recommended setup now - W7?
Cheers for any help, I want to keep up with the development but right now GBPVR is pretty stable for me.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Are any of your channels encrypted? Have you set a number of instances in device setup for the digital ones?
No encrypted channels, all freeview/freesat.
Left CI/CAM at default of 'none' - should that be set to something?
I can get two recording on the same tuner OK (assuming same mux etc), just not on separate ones.
What tuners are you using? Can you confirm with something like ScanChannelsBDA_UK that both tuners are actually getting a signal they can use? The CI/CAM stuff isn't needed for freeview or freesat.
Thanks for you help.
Signal I think is fine because they work fine with GBPVR and also work fine individually in NPVR. If, for instance, I select to record BBC1 it will pick a tuner and record. If I then select a channel on a different mux, say Channel 4, and try to record it will say no tuner available. If I then select the same channel 4 to watch live it plays, using the second tuner.
My gut feeling is that the tuners are all OK (I even seem to be getting somewhere with my psisdecd.dll issues now) but the tuner choosing logic is getting confused. Maybe the db is corrupt so deleting and rebuilding starting with just a few channels might be one way forward. I think I've seen somewhere that you can increase the logging so I might try that too.
Quote:My gut feeling is that the tuners are all OK (I even seem to be getting somewhere with my psisdecd.dll issues now) but the tuner choosing logic is getting confused.
I'm guess this too. Not that the tuning logic gets confused though, but because of the way you have your channels setup.

By default channels on different device types (analog vs DVB-T vs DVB-S) are treated as separate channels, so even if you had the same channel (say BBC1) on all three, you probably see the three listed separately on the TV Guide, and treated as different channels by the scheduler/livetv (even though they have the same name).

You can go into the Settings -> Channels screen though, highlight the BBC1 channels on all three, right-click, select Merge, then they'd be combined as one channel available from three sources, and only listed once in the TV guide.

Hopefully that makes sense?
I get the impression from the first post that he has already merged the duplicated channels ??
Ah, sorry. Somehow I missed that one sentence.

Mac, zip and attach your npvr.db3, and the exact steps to reproduce the problem and I'll check it here.
Not quite sure what you mean by 'Mac' but my DB is too big at present, even zipped, so rather than mess around trying to delete stuff I have published to my site: b2it.com/npvr/npvr.zip.

To reproduce you can follow these steps:

Firstly I make sure the analogue tuner is recording by recording something that's only on that, MTV say. Then I select to record BBC1 and it will pick the dvb-t tuner and record. If I then select a channel on a different mux, say Channel 4, and try to record it will say no tuner available. If I then select the same channel 4 to watch live it plays, using the dvb-s tuner.

Thanks for your help, I am feeling better about it now that I haven't had a crash for a few hours.
mac as in macgyver. I'll type it in full next time Big Grin
Pages: 1 2