NextPVR Forums

Full Version: stuttering and loss of audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the latest cumulative patch for NPVR as of writing this post, with an hd-pvr connected to a cable box. Mostly using this setup for livetv.
After a lot of headaches of getting the arcsoft decoders working I have npvr mostly working.
During livetv sometimes the video will begin to stutter and audio stops. I've noticed that this usually occurs when a commercial starts or a show is resuming after commercials. Sometimes the video will go to an all blue screen/no audio for a few seconds and then recovers, I'm guessing this is related as it occurs during similar times.
Perhaps this is related to aspect ratio/resolution changes? I'd appreciate any ideas, I've tried using different renderer options. I had an older install of NPVR working flawlessly, but I reinstalled windows and put in a new video card(hd5870). I'm somewhat tempted to try to get an older version of npvr and see if that makes a difference.
I don't know if it is an option for you but I solved several issues by telling my STB to output constant resolution. I opted for 720p

Martin
I didn't think about that, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
So far so good. I set it to 1080i with a sidebar for 4:3 images. Thanks for the tip, I hadn't even considered it.
Maybe I spoke too soon, it's happening again, although a lot less frequently.