NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD playback on nPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today, I decided to make the leap to nPVR. So far, I LOVE nPVR. I'm actually running it on XP. Question for me to decide is: Am I ready to upgrade to win7????

This question is about DVD playback. I've tried a variety of combination renderers, decoders and all I get in playback is a purple screen. I get audio but no picture... thoughts?
ydekmekji Wrote:Today, I decided to make the leap to nPVR. So far, I LOVE nPVR. I'm actually running it on XP. Question for me to decide is: Am I ready to upgrade to win7????

This question is about DVD playback. I've tried a variety of combination renderers, decoders and all I get in playback is a purple screen. I get audio but no picture... thoughts?

What decoders have you tried for DVD-playback?
ydekmekji Wrote:Today, I decided to make the leap to nPVR. So far, I LOVE nPVR. I'm actually running it on XP. Question for me to decide is: Am I ready to upgrade to win7????

Right now, there is a problem to play interlaced videos (mostly used by DVDs) in nPVR using VMR9 renderer. You can use EVR renderer to fix it, but this will kill DxVA for h.264/VC-1.
Here is whole story
So using Vista/Win7 is needed to get it working correctly. If you have decoder problem, you can try SAF5 - link below.
I don't think that's my problem because i don't have aspect ratio problems--just no video (but fine on audio)

Window Media player can't play the dvd either but powerdvd can... WMP tells me that i have a conflict between the video card and he dvd decoder. I
ummm, i'm playing dvd's fine w/menu highlight in vmr7 with cyberlink codec in xp...[from mediashow/powerproducer ver 8.4.923]
and looks like full accel as cpu under 5%..:p
and ffdshow too...no deinterlacing probs.. not perfect but works...[no highlight with ffdshow]

and most commercial dvd's are progressive, not interlaced...
Not sure.... I get either a purple screen or a black screen. I've tried all four rednerers with both dscaler mpeg2 and Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder and a handful of others... nothing works.
ydekmekji Wrote:Not sure.... I get either a purple screen or a black screen. I've tried all four rednerers with both dscaler mpeg2 and Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder and a handful of others... nothing works.

Just for test (if you are interested) - can you install SAF5 and try to play your DVD inside MPC-HC player installed by SAF?
That worked... Thanks!
in mpc-hc or in npvr with saf codecs?
in npvr