NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 1.5.36 Volume Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin,

Any chance you can sort something to give me volume control on the MVPs too?
It's not a major issue like it was with the PCH for me but it would be a 'nice to have'.

Cheers
There's a very small chance. First I am waiting for the user community to do a bit more to make NPVR a success and they can start by updating the NPVR wiki for some of the clients and plugins I've worked on.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:There's a very small chance. First I am waiting for the user community to do a bit more to make NPVR a success and they can start by updating the NPVR wiki for some of the clients and plugins I've worked on.

Martin

I'd like this too (MVP Volume control) Big Grin

Martin, what'cha want on the wiki Wink

WebRadio?
SearchLite?

or Thin Client work?

Hmmm yes I think I'd go with a plugin 1st! My workload cut out, how about macgyver helps me document, then maybe Martin will oblige Wink

macgyver?

[Edit] Or anyone else? [EndEdit]

Steeb
If users just give back in documenting what they use it really doesn't matter to me. I know it sounds like work, but it does take me an hour to setup test and release anything for the MVP, even something simple like the volume controls. I have a soft spot for seeing Universe getting a home I figure some people don't even know that YouTube is back via the free PlayOn

Martin
Quote:mvallevand
If users just give back in documenting what they use it really doesn't matter to me. I know it sounds like work, but it does take me an hour to setup test and release anything for the MVP, even something simple like the volume controls. I have a soft spot for seeing Universe getting a home I figure some people don't even know that YouTube is back via the free PlayOn

Martin
Nope I'm not sure they do. Also Universe and PlayOn as far as I can make out are of no use here in UK so I could never document this stuff. But I could help others.

Out of interest I am not really surprised you can knock something like that out in an hour because you genius, me fool, but is probably like for like timewise when it comes to documentating. Initially do a page, about 2-3 hours, get errors/complaints, go back through it, more hours, and of course this is just a hobby for most of us! Not worktime or quality time spent with kids/pets etc. Why do all of us do this?

Of course it should be fun Big Grin

I hope some others rise to the challenge of sticking the stuff I can't do on the wiki

Thank you Martin

Steeb
steeb Wrote:Nope I'm not sure they do. Also Universe and PlayOn as far as I can make out are of no use here in UK so I could never document this stuff. But I could help others.

PlayOn should work in the UK and give you YouTube, you can trial BBCiplayer SkyNews too.
Quote:Out of interest I am not really surprised you can knock something like that out in an hour because you genius, me fool, but is probably like for like timewise when it comes to documentating. Initially do a page, about 2-3 hours, get errors/complaints, go back through it, more hours, and of course this is just a hobby for most of us! Not worktime or quality time spent with kids/pets etc. Why do all of us do this?

Of course it should be fun Big Grin

Absolutely nothing about the MVP work is fun or even satisfying, it simply takes time from things I want to do..

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:PlayOn should work in the UK and give you YouTube, you can trial BBCiplayer SkyNews too.

You see I did not know that. As soon as I have fix for weird recent behaviour and DirectX with NPVR will try

Quote:Absolutely nothing about the MVP work is fun or even satisfying, it simply takes time from things I want to do..

Yup, I know, but gives a lot of stuff back to us guys, and I have noticed, I was one of the few that rattled on about MVP etc etc BUT you I think are giving joy to many here. Just like Jaggy said in a post quite a few months back now. Very few say something unless it goes wrong. Now obviously with me something always seems to go wrong Big Grin

thank you Martin

Steeb
Martin,

You remind me so much of someone I used to work with it's almost scary. He was another genius, great bloke too.
I totally understand where you are coming from and I often feel guilty at not giving back enough so New Year's Resolution #1 is to do whatever I can.
I honestly don't know how you and sub manage to put in the hours, I don't seem to be able to find the time in between work, kids and the misses to even keep the damn thing on the latest release! Have also been meaning to look at PlayOn, not sure it can do BBC iPlayer though, they have really clamped down on banning anything other than the iPlayer client recently.

Never updated a wiki before, but there's a first time for everything.

Thanks again,
Macgyver

PS sorry for posting twice - when I couldn't see the original post I assumed I must have previewed and not posted. Doh!
The mvpmc dongle in dongle4npvr has now been been updated to provide volume control. It should work with all versions of NPVR and GBPVR (no change in volume)

Martin