NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG and Channel Mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a DVB-S tuner and 4 DVB-T tuners. With GBPVR I was able to tune all the channels and map them so that I was able to use the DVB-S TV Guide listings for all tuners, and each TV channel would show up only once in the TV Guide.

Now that I'm trying out NPVR I am finding that I can't seem to map it so that I only get each channel listed once in the TV Guide. For example, TV One shows up twice (once for the DVB-S and once for DVB-T). During the initial DVB-T tuner card setup it did ask if I wanted to use the same configuration/mappings as the first DVB-T tuner card I had setup, but it didn't ask this when it came to setting up the DVB-S card. I must be missing something. Anyone have any suggestions?
While you are in Settings -> Channels, you can select all channels with the same name (ctrl-click), then right-click on the selected channels and select Merge.
Yes, thanks. Found it.
OK, that works fine. Next issue is with tuner priority. In the device priority list I've got 3 DVB-T tuners, followed by DVB-S, then the 4th DVB-T tuner. Under GBPVR I'd expect Live TV to take the 4th DVB-T tuner, but it always seems to want to use the DVB-S tuner for Live TV (even though the channel is a valid DVB-T channel). Could it have anything to do with how the channels were merged?

Update: Restart of recording service solved that. Looks like for NPVR the tuner order starts from the top for both Live TV and Recordings.
hasso Wrote:Looks like for NPVR the tuner order starts from the top for both Live TV and Recordings.

That's correct Smile