NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Several analogue cards - each assigned to a different player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is it possible to assign a TV card per client?

I'd like to have a single server and assign an analogue card per each room in the house - each family member will watch his own channel, but the recordings will be shared.

Thanks!
danny Wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to assign a TV card per client?

I'd like to have a single server and assign an analogue card per each room in the house - each family member will watch his own channel, but the recordings will be shared.

Thanks!

If you have as many cards as you have clients (plus server) npvr will assign one to each watching live-tv, that is, ofcource, if nothing is beeing recorded. I don't know of any way to assign a card to a spesific client.
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe "assign" is the wrong word. The question is basically - If I have clients and 5 cards - will everyone be able to watch live TV?
Will the sever assign the next available card?

Thanks!
danny Wrote:If I have clients and 5 cards - will everyone be able to watch live TV? Will the sever assign the next available card?

In general, yes, but not necessarily - depending on your TV broadcast type. With digital, it is perfectly possible for more than one channel to be received with a single tuner.
martint123 Wrote:In general, yes, but not necessarily - depending on your TV broadcast type. With digital, it is perfectly possible for more than one channel to be received with a single tuner.

Yep, provided you use multirecord and the channels are on the same frequency.
Reddwarf Wrote:Yep, provided you use multirecord and the channels are on the same frequency.

I didn't think you could turn multirecord off in npvr??
Also sorry - re-read the header and it refers to analogue cards so forget my comment as multirecord is not applicable to analogue
[quote=martint123]I didn't think you could turn multirecord off in npvr??

Probably not, but if you have only one instance (in Settings -> Device Setup) it can't record more than one show at a time. Or am I wrong?

Anyway, I guess that since he asked spesifically about analog cards he don't have access to digital tv.
danny Wrote:If I have clients and 5 cards - will everyone be able to watch live TV?

What kind of cards are we talking about, does the cards have a hardware encoder? If not, it may be a too heavy load for the cpu.