NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel Scan not finding anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Mygica A680B USB QAM tuner that NPVR is detecting, but not finding any channels for.

The device is detected as a Microtune Dongle Digital QAM Tuner, and Digital Tuner. But no matter what setting I use during the scan process it always returns 0 results. Any ideas or suggestions?
Ther logs so no sign of any signal being locked. Is it working in other apps?
It works right away in Windows Media Center on Windows 7 64bit. This tuner is QAM only, so with it connected to my cable line I should get about 10 channels or so..
Sorry, I'm not really sure what to suggest. It appears the device never locks a signal.
Well Poo, its a cheap tuner so not surprised I would have issues with it. Was just hoping to find a new DVR solution on the PC as the recording quality I get with Media Center sucks.
jaj08 Wrote:Was just hoping to find a new DVR solution on the PC as the recording quality I get with Media Center sucks.
When it comes to digital channels (like QAM), the recordings are just a dump of the original broadcast bitstream, so your recordings should be identical regardless of app. You might get different look in playback in different apps with the use of different decoders or video renderers.
Yeah I saw someone else claiming this same thing, I just assumed it was the file format Windows Media Center uses because when the recordings are played back via the PS3 I can see obvious picture defects that I know are not present in the raw HD feed of these channels.
Thats more likely to be a PS3 playback bug, or an if you're using a transcoding UPNP server then it could be a bug in that software.
Its doing no transcoding, perhaps I'll try it through a server that transcodes it for me and see if it improves.