NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to access Recordings - Locked database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am suddenly unable to access the Recordings screen - NPVR goes Non-responsive.
The logs show a locked database.
This is immediately after a reboot.
Logs attached.

Any suggestions?
Try temporarily removing everything from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins and reboot to see if it helps
Unfortunately, it didn't.
I only had the System plugin.

Time to re-install?
SearchLite gets installed to program files, there is an uninstaller if you want.

Martin
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.
Are you suggesting I uninstall Searchlite?
But it comes as part of the standard install.

Does the database have a permanent lock that survives a reboot (i.e. is written to the database itself) or is NPVR locking it when starting up?
I keep seeing npvr.db3-journal pop up and disappear.

I have managed (not sure how - it must access the database) to export my recordings.
Is my best option to stop everything, copy empty.db3 to npvr.db3, import my recordings and re-scan my channels?
Or should I do it "properly" and re-install?
Nistrod Wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.
Are you suggesting I uninstall Searchlite?
Yes. I dont know that it's necessarily a problem, but I see it was loaded prior to the lock problem in your logs, so it's possibly a factor.

Quote:But it comes as part of the standard install.
No it doesnt. Its not installed by the installer.

Quote:Does the database have a permanent lock that survives a reboot (i.e. is written to the database itself) or is NPVR locking it when starting up?
I'm not sure. I wouldnt think so.
All fixed.
Stopped all processes.
Copied C:\Users\Public\NPVR\empty.db3 to npvr.db3.
Restarted everything.
Re-set up my devices.
Imported recordings.
Re-installed SearchLite.

I have no idea what the problem was.
Was the file extension of a recording changed prior to these problems? I have seen a locked database after the conversion of a recording from ts to mpg. Don't know if this could cause it, though, just a thought.

Chris
Sheik Yerbouti Wrote:Was the file extension of a recording changed prior to these problems? I have seen a locked database after the conversion of a recording from ts to mpg. Don't know if this could cause it, though, just a thought.

Chris

Ah Ha!, that;s it!, nice catch.

I reported my experience of this problem in this thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post399249

I also convert .ts to mpeg via postprocessing.bat (well I am trying to anyway) so you mention of mpeg conversion got my interest. I can now reproduce the problem at will:-

rename the .ts to mpeg and npvr gets a database lock when you try to enter recordings.
kill npvr
rename .mpeg back to .ts and try again, all works fine.
Pages: 1 2