NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't find channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in Melbourne, Australia, and trying to get SBS to show up on N-PVR. All the other channels are showing up with a scan. The other weird thing is that there is another TV in the house, using the same aerial, which CAN get SBS.

I tried putting the frequency in manually and couldn't find anywhere to do so. I eventually stumbled on "NPVR\Tuning\DVB-T\Australia - Melbourne.ini", which does have the line "5=5,536500,0,0,7", and that's SBS's frequency according to various websites I've found it on. One site quoted it as 536625, so I added the line "6=6,536625,0,0,7", restarted N-PVR and scanned again to no avail.

Any ideas?
do a scan then post your logs.
Done. Here you go.
Hi Kitchengoblin,

If you are getting your signal from the Mt Dandenong transmitters then SBS comes via UHF-29 at 536.625 MHz. I am receiving this fine with NPVR via my HDHomeRun.

Regards,
Ian.
it doesn't appear to lock a signal at either of those frequencies.

I do see though that you're running the previous version of NPVR. You should install 1.5.36 and all the patches and try again. See the thread linked in my sig - the 1.5.36 installer is in post 1, the patch archive is in post 2.
Did you try ticking the scan offsets checkbox? This is required for some devices in the UK and Australia.
johnsonx42 Wrote:it doesn't appear to lock a signal at either of those frequencies.

I do see though that you're running the previous version of NPVR. You should install 1.5.36 and all the patches and try again. See the thread linked in my sig - the 1.5.36 installer is in post 1, the patch archive is in post 2.
Great, thanks. Installing those now.
sub Wrote:Did you try ticking the scan offsets checkbox? This is required for some devices in the UK and Australia.
Yup, tried with and without.
Come to think of it, I was getting similar problems when I was using Blaze DTV, except I wasn't getting channel 9 either. Switching to N-PVR meant I started picking up channel 9. I hope it's not something to do with the aerial connection in my room :/
Damn, no change. Here's the log (with "scan offsets checked").
Now it looks like you're getting no channels at all. maybe uncheck scan offsets and try again.
Pages: 1 2