NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with preferAC3 registry setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The setting that prefers AC3 works fine in Live and done recordings. But in recordings that are still active I get several seconds sync issues. This is not random, but happens all the time. Skipping a few secs back or forth that sometimes fixes sync problems have no effect here. I have tried several different video and audio decoders but the sync problem is still there and seem not be caused by decoders. When I change the registry back to 0 (no AC3 prefer) the sync problem is gone. It starts on HE-AAC and I can select AC3 manually and get it in sync.

The channels that have this issue have all two audio tracks, one AC3 and one HE-AAC.
Do you mean playing back a recording that is still in progress?
Reddwarf Wrote:Do you mean playing back a recording that is still in progress?
Yeah, that was what I ment! Smile
Still in progress recordings with AC3 audio that is initiated through preferAC3 is the culprit here.
Sounds like the same issue I'm having, except mine also occurs with completed recordings.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-TV3/page2
Skipping forarward/backward doesn't fix it. I agree that this just seems to happen with channels that have two audio tracks (HE-AAC and AC3).
Yes, our problems may well be related. I hope Sub sees this and shares some wisdom...
I don't have any channels with that combination of audio format, however, I can see the same thing happening on a channel with MPEG1 audio. I usually don't watch recordings in progress so I haven't noticed until now, but the problem is definitly present here too. And if I set PreferAC3=0 the problem goes away. Strange!
Still haven't been able to get the syncing issue to go away. Had to go back to PVRX2 to prevent WAF degradation.
hasso Wrote:Still haven't been able to get the syncing issue to go away. Had to go back to PVRX2 to prevent WAF degradation.
PVRX2 is no different when it comes to playback of .ts files. They both did they same thing with regard to using multiple audio renderers in the same graph, which can lead to this problem.
sub Wrote:PVRX2 is no different when it comes to playback of .ts files. They both did they same thing with regard to using multiple audio renderers in the same graph, which can lead to this problem.

I don't quite understand. The TV3 recording I am testing this on was taped using PVRX2. When played in PVRX2 it defaults to AC3 (using AC3Filter) even before I made the preferac3=1 registry key. No sync issues. When using NPVR I need to use the preferac3registry setting to get it to play the AC3 track but sound is never in sync.

What other things can I try out? Although I can get a graph using graphedit for PVRX2, I still don't know how to do that in NPVR... I'd like to compare the two just to make sure the same decorders are actually being used for both.
hasso Wrote:Although I can get a graph using graphedit for PVRX2, I still don't know how to do that in NPVR... I'd like to compare the two just to make sure the same decorders are actually being used for both.
While you're using live tv, you can run GraphEdit and select the 'connect to remote graph' menu option.
Pages: 1 2 3