NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA Guide Blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The guide in the NEWA is completely blank. I attached the logs. The web.log file shows a bunch of errors when I was trying to set recordings with Searchlight. Then at the bottom of the log it shows an attempt to access the guide which fails. I am not running the schedules direct add-on for NEWA yet, is it required or just gives extra features? I have applied all the patches in the NPVR sticky. Also I'm running Windows 7 64bit if any of that matters.
ottoguy Wrote:The guide in the NEWA is completely blank. I attached the logs. The web.log file shows a bunch of errors when I was trying to set recordings with Searchlight. Then at the bottom of the log it shows an attempt to access the guide which fails. I am not running the schedules direct add-on for NEWA yet, is it required or just gives extra features? I have applied all the patches in the NPVR sticky. Also I'm running Windows 7 64bit if any of that matters.

You do not need schedulesdirect utilities for NEWA to work....it just adds extra info if you are using it.

From the logs it appears that your EPG listing is empty......is the guide information coming up within NPVR itslef? Did you set the enable web server option in the NPVR setup options?
Yes the guide comes up good in NPVR. The Web Server is enabled. I can do a guide search through NEWA, and I can Manage Recordings though NEWA. The guide search through NEWA does show a lot of duplicate episodes without channel numbers. If a show is on at 8-9 there will be 3 listings of the show, 2 without a channel number, and 1 with a number. Selecting one of the shows without a number gives an error.

I have deleted the channels and re-added them a few times since I enabled the web server. Does it build anything when you enable that would re-build if I disable and re-enable the web server?
ottoguy Wrote:Yes the guide comes up good in NPVR. The Web Server is enabled. I can do a guide search through NEWA, and I can Manage Recordings though NEWA. The guide search through NEWA does show a lot of duplicate episodes without channel numbers. If a show is on at 8-9 there will be 3 listings of the show, 2 without a channel number, and 1 with a number. Selecting one of the shows without a number gives an error.

I have deleted the channels and re-added them a few times since I enabled the web server. Does it build anything when you enable that would re-build if I disable and re-enable the web server?

This is very strange behavoir.....NEWA gets the channel and EPG event info from NPVR via a public interface....I'll send you a PM
Looks like there are no EPG Events coming back from the call to the NPVR API....

EPGEvent.GetListingsForTimePeriod(startTime, endTime)

Not sure what would cause this to be ok within NPVR but not through NEWA. I see 197 rows coming back (which would be the channels) but for each channel there are no events.

I'll have sub take a look and chime in.
Thanks for taking a look.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Looks like there are no EPG Events coming back from the call to the NPVR API....

EPGEvent.GetListingsForTimePeriod(startTime, endTime)

Not sure what would cause this to be ok within NPVR but not through NEWA. I see 197 rows coming back (which would be the channels) but for each channel there are no events.

I'll have sub take a look and chime in.
UJB, I cant check it myself right now, but EPGEvent.GetListingsForTimePeriod(startTime, endTime) effectively calls:

select * from EPG_EVENT where start_time < ? and end_time > ? order by channel_oid, start_time

If you manually run that SQL on the database, do you get listings?
sub Wrote:UJB, I cant check it myself right now, but EPGEvent.GetListingsForTimePeriod(startTime, endTime) effectively calls:

select * from EPG_EVENT where start_time < ? and end_time > ? order by channel_oid, start_time

If you manually run that SQL on the database, do you get listings?

I assume you ment to have the < and > reversed here so that the start_time was greater than the start time and the end_time was less then the end time....correct?

Given my assumption is correct....yes there are results that come back for the passed in date range. 1,611 rows to be exact.......since the API returns the Keys but not the Values perhaps that large number of results is blowing out an array that you have perhaps?
I have no problem deleting and trying to re-create the database. I'm guessing all the times I deleted and re-added the channels trying to get everything right screwed it up?

I only have probably 50 channels in the guide, I eliminated a lot from my local listing in schedules direct because I don't watch them.

As always thanks again for both of your help.
ottoguy Wrote:I have no problem deleting and trying to re-create the database. I'm guessing all the times I deleted and re-added the channels trying to get everything right screwed it up?

I only have probably 50 channels in the guide, I eliminated a lot from my local listing in schedules direct because I don't watch them.

As always thanks again for both of your help.

Yea...something isn't correct then....I am getting 197 channels returned.....I think you can stop the npvr recording service, close the tray icon, renae your current db to something else and copy the empty.db3 to npvr.db3 and then restart the npvr recording service and reconfigure everything......let us know how it goes.
Pages: 1 2