NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Characters not showing in NEWA was OK in EWA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I am currently switching to NPVR from GBPVR.
In my GBPVR setup i used EWA for scheduling ( GBPVR is actually running on server with no monitor attached. I am only using it as a recorder, all playback is through XBMC)

Since I live in Sweden I was with EWA having a few problems with correct character translation.
When I got my XMLTV data the file contained Hex 94 and Hex 96 characters that failed to display ok in EWA. What I did was use a perl script to translate Hex 94 to Hex 22 and Hex 96 to "-" (dash).
Same problem occurs on a few more characters as well but I dont have any data to show that now.

However using the same approch on NEWA doesnt help, it still displays a "square box".

EWA Screenshot after perl translation:
[Image: ewa.jpg]

NEWA Screenshot after perl translation
[Image: newa.jpg]

Hex sourcefile before translation:
[Image: hex-before-translation.jpg]

Hex sourcefile after translation:
[Image: hex-after-translation.jpg]

XMLTV sourcefiles can be found here:
http://themax.se/gbpvr/newa-char-problem-xmltv-data.zip

Am I doing something wrong here, I assumed that my EWA approach would work on NEWA as well.
miniGranis Wrote:Hello.
I am currently switching to NPVR from GBPVR.
In my GBPVR setup i used EWA for scheduling ( GBPVR is actually running on server with no monitor attached. I am only using it as a recorder, all playback is through XBMC)

Since I live in Sweden I was with EWA having a few problems with correct character translation.
When I got my XMLTV data the file contained Hex 94 and Hex 96 characters that failed to display ok in EWA. What I did was use a perl script to translate Hex 94 to Hex 22 and Hex 96 to "-" (dash).
Same problem occurs on a few more characters as well but I dont have any data to show that now.

However using the same approch on NEWA doesnt help, it still displays a "square box".

EWA Screenshot after perl translation:
[Image: ewa.jpg]

NEWA Screenshot after perl translation
[Image: newa.jpg]

Hex sourcefile before translation:
[Image: hex-before-translation.jpg]

Hex sourcefile after translation:
[Image: hex-after-translation.jpg]

XMLTV sourcefiles can be found here:
http://themax.se/gbpvr/newa-char-problem-xmltv-data.zip

Am I doing something wrong here, I assumed that my EWA approach would work on NEWA as well.

TO confirm....you are seeing the bad characters when viewing the guide via the guide2.aspx page.....correct? Try looking at it in guide.aspx and let me know if it is good there.

Thanks.
I am really confused now, I spend the whole day yesterday trying to fix this but I just couldn't do it.
When checking the same shows today it all looks ok...
I will keep an eye on this an let you know if it apears again.
I dont know how "international" you want NEWA to be but unless I translate/remove alot of hex codes in the my swedish xml file I can make either GBPR or NPVR to import the file at all. But that might be more of an issue for NPVR then NEWA ?
miniGranis Wrote:I am really confused now, I spend the whole day yesterday trying to fix this but I just couldn't do it.
When checking the same shows today it all looks ok...
I will keep an eye on this an let you know if it apears again.
I dont know how "international" you want NEWA to be but unless I translate/remove alot of hex codes in the my swedish xml file I can make either GBPR or NPVR to import the file at all. But that might be more of an issue for NPVR then NEWA ?

Yes....that would be an NPVR issue. NEWA (and EWA) are both just a web based extension of the NPVR/GBPVR application.....they just show the information that the application maintains and allow you to interact with the scheduling functions of the application.

As for displays I am URL encoding what is displayed on the screens which should address the issue above....

Let me know if this crops up again........