NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR-150 and v1.5.36 (not working????)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have been told that NPVR is not the same as GBPVR, so will need to ask all the questions i cant find answers for (again).

I have a PVR-150 with drivers loaded (which worked on this machine with just drivers), have loaded v1.5.36, it doesn’t find PVR-150, i know this is an analogue card, i also know it says "if your card doesn’t show up, load WinTV v7", now i don’t want to be picky here, but isnt WIN TV a SOFT PVR, the whole point of the PVR 150 is its a HARD encoder,

I hate loading loads of software just to use 3% of it (called bloating your system for no need), so would like some clarification.

What Hard Encoder cards does NPVR support (i have looked for this and can’t find this list other than "load WINTV 7", before it was almost any Hauppauge card WITH the correct drivers, has this stance changed?

fanks in front Smile
You still need part of SoftPVR for all analog devices, the wiki isn't clear on that but johnsonx42's thread is.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You still need part of SoftPVR for all analog devices, the wiki isn't clear on that but johnsonx42's thread is.

Martin

Which thread is this, sounds like its worth reading...
It's the only sticky in this sub-forum.

Martin
SFX Group Wrote:I have a PVR-150 with drivers loaded (which worked on this machine with just drivers), have loaded v1.5.36, it doesn’t find PVR-150, i know this is an analogue card, i also know it says "if your card doesn’t show up, load WinTV v7", now i don’t want to be picky here, but isnt WIN TV a SOFT PVR, the whole point of the PVR 150 is its a HARD encoder,

I hate loading loads of software just to use 3% of it (called bloating your system for no need), so would like some clarification.

What Hard Encoder cards does NPVR support (i have looked for this and can’t find this list other than "load WINTV 7", before it was almost any Hauppauge card WITH the correct drivers, has this stance changed?
GBPVR should work fine with any Hauppauge card, including your PVR150. To do analog though, it does need a component called "MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus", which just happens to be installed with WinTV7. If you can get it elsewhere, then you dont need WinTV7 installed. It'll still do full hardware encoding on your PVR150. If you had a software encoder card, then you'd need a few other bits aswell, and it'd do software encoding on your CPU.
sub Wrote:GBPVR should work fine with any Hauppauge card, including your PVR150.
Worked no problems with GBPVR

sub Wrote:To do analog though (i assume you mean on NPVR /Ashley), it does need a component called "MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus"
So as long as i have MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus installed as well as the drivers for the Hauppauge PVR-150 card then NPVR will see it as a device?
SFX Group Wrote:Worked no problems with GBPVR
I meant NPVR. "NPVR should work fine with any Hauppauge card, including your PVR150."

Quote:So as long as i have MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus installed as well as the drivers for the Hauppauge PVR-150 card then NPVR will see it as a device?
Yep.
SFX Group Wrote:Which thread is this, sounds like its worth reading...
ok, now I'm really in a mood. signature updated to make it easier for you to see.
johnsonx42 Wrote:ok, now I'm really in a mood. signature updated to make it easier for you to see.

I understand your point but I find this rather annoying.

Martin
yes, I'm sorry. mood over.
Pages: 1 2