NextPVR Forums

Full Version: encryted frame drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly I would like to say that Npvr is a huge step forward from Gbpvr. I used to love GBPVR but it was a pig to configure all the encrypted channels for EPG etc. With NPVR its a child's play but I have a slight problem which I didn't have with GB. When watching encrypted channels it seems to drop frames, this never used to happen with GB and mdapi. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to use the old Mdapi with Npvr?

Ta TCM
tcmy95 Wrote:Is it possible to use the old Mdapi with Npvr?

I don't think so, and I definitly don't think the new multidec interface is the cause of your problems. I'v used multidec many months with npvr now, and the only time I get dropped frames is when the signal gets poor (low or noisy). One other problem may be the time it takes to get the key from the smartcard, if you have an USB HD capturecard on the same usbcontroller as your smartcard, the bandwith of the usb may be a bottleneck.
Ok Thanks Reddwarf. Is there anyway of testing for noise with NPVR?

The thing I am confused about is a watched 2 hours of encrypted channels a week ago with GBPVR and no frame drops. I have since moved to NPVR and I am now experiencing these frame drops... very strange.
tcmy95 Wrote:Ok Thanks Reddwarf. Is there anyway of testing for noise with NPVR?

Not really without expensive equipment (like spectrum analyzer and so). What source do you have, cable, dvb-t or analog? And what capturecard(s)?
Are you sure you're not getting the same dropped frames with unencrypted channels?
Reddwarf, I am using DVB-S Nova S2.

Sub, I am pretty sure that it is only on encrypted channels. I will double check and let you know.
tcmy95 Wrote:Reddwarf, I am using DVB-S Nova S2.

Sub, I am pretty sure that it is only on encrypted channels. I will double check and let you know.

Any way to get an indication on signal strength and qaulity?
Confirmed now, just encrytped channels.
I'm not really sure what to suggest.

How is your CPU usage when this is happening?
Hi Sub, processor usage between 5-20%. So I take it other users are not experiencing these problems
Pages: 1 2