NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "Quick Record" shows disappear after Update EPG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the current NPVR version 1.5.36.

Today I discovered that shows I have scheduled with the "quick record" option disappear from the TV guide after an EPG update (after a nightly update, or even using the manual Update EPG operation in the Channels setup).

The show IS listed in the pending recordings list, it just doesn't show up in the TV guide. Because of this, I have accidentally recorded multiple copies of several shows before I discovered this problem.

Recurring shows (same day and time every week) are displayed and record fine.

The problem appears to be limited to Quick Recordings. It also appears to be caused by the EPG update, as I can schedule a recording, exit NPVR, and open it back up with the show still selected in the TV guide. When I run the EPG update, the quick recordings all disappear from the TV guide.

Can anyone else duplicate this, and if so is there a solution?

Thanks,

Anthony
mine do disappear from guide, but top still shows red bar for timeslot, and still show in pending...
so looks just like a guide display problem..
I was just about to report this problem but luckily I found this thread first.
I am also seeing scheduled recordings not appear highlighted but the red bar still shows the scheduled time.

I can reproduce the problem at will:
reboot pc and all is well
go into settings, channels and Update EPG, scheduled recordings are no longer highlighted.
quit npvr and restart and recordings are highlighted correctly.

so it appears that after an epg update, npvr needs to completely reload the EPG. I suspect the reason is that the pending recordings are recreated as new records in the scheduled-recordings table and have new OID numbers. the current EPG is working with out of date information and needs to be refreshed/reloaded.

It is weird that this hasn;t been spotted before during testing. I wonder if it is a regression.

[edit]: BTW Aliberts TV Listings plugin does not appear to exhibit this problem.
gEd Wrote:I can reproduce the problem at will:
reboot pc and all is well
go into settings, channels and Update EPG, scheduled recordings are no longer highlighted.
quit npvr and restart and recordings are highlighted correctly.

so it appears that after an epg update, npvr needs to completely reload the EPG. I suspect the reason is that the pending recordings are recreated as new records in the scheduled-recordings table and have new OID numbers. the current EPG is working with out of date information and needs to be refreshed/reloaded.

Also after a scheduled EPG update the new days plus any rescheduled progs show no show data until a restart of NextPVR
The bug that could cause one-off recordings to not be highlighed in the TV Guide after an EPG update has been fixed in the next release.
Excellent, thanks Sub! I look forward to the next release.